NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
MD Jazz said:
Brady is getting close to greatest ever clutch sportsman IMO. Just a freak.

Just made it worse with those a-holes beating the Chiefs in OT. Time to get rid of divisions as it gives too much advantage to lower performing teams. Patriots only got in coz their other 3 opponents are continuously hopeless.....how many years now FFS!!

I'll be backing the Rams all the way.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
TigerForce said:
New Orleans Saints just did a Richmond and fell at the last hurdle. Lost the chance for the Superbowl all because of these dumpire/referees....or whatever the *smile* they (think they) are!!

Even on these pages you sometimes see a statement like "umpiring decisions never determine the result of the game"

Today was Exhibit A for the Negative. Don't think there was a single dissenting voice from any of the commentators.

And that type of call cannot be challenged nor it seemed reviewed from the bunker.

Second observation....when pressure is on even players on million dollar pay can make fundamental errors...

Third observation... We complain about night footy in depths of winter.... There was an open air stadium packed at -7. Most people in Missouri would be European descent in the last 200 years like most of us are (still, just) ... Cannot have evolved that differently.

The bloke that drilled the winning kick for the Rams and the tieing one for the Chiefs were up there with DomSheed for playing for sheep station kicks.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
TigerForce said:
Just made it worse with those a-holes beating the Chiefs in OT. Time to get rid of divisions as it gives too much advantage to lower performing teams. Patriots only got in coz their other 3 opponents are continuously hopeless.....how many years now FFS!!

With Captain America Hutchison in Gills ear divisions will be coming to AFL along with two week before GF. Not long after night GF because fireworks look better and theatre goers love fireworks.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
22nd Man said:
Even on these pages you sometimes see a statement like "umpiring decisions never determine the result of the game"

Today was Exhibit A for the Negative. Don't think there was a single dissenting voice from any of the commentators.

And that type of call cannot be challenged nor it seemed reviewed from the bunker.

Second observation....when pressure is on even players on million dollar pay can make fundamental errors...

Third observation... We complain about night footy in depths of winter.... There was an open air stadium packed at -7. Most people in Missouri would be European descent in the last 200 years like most of us are (still, just) ... Cannot have evolved that differently.

The bloke that drilled the winning kick for the Rams and the tieing one for the Chiefs were up there with DomSheed for playing for sheep station kicks.

DxZIcb8X0AEh80R.jpg

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
TigerForce said:

one big plus on Divisions is that the fixture is set according to a formula that does not allow for manipulation from the administrators.

Different note when the Rams played at home v Cowboys the crowd was very evenly split...took slow me and Google to tell me the reason....when LA had no team for 30 years everyone had to find someone else to support and the Cowboys where sort of a universal team. And I suppose in a melting pot like LA a lot of people have moved there for work and would still support there home team. (I know west and south Austraians who stuck with their VF L teams when crows and eagles came in...but wouldn't be many left now.)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
22nd Man said:
one big plus on Divisions is that the fixture is set according to a formula that does not allow for manipulation from the administrators.

Too lopsided. It'll be interesting to see the stats on how many times the DW4 team has won less games than any WC1, WC2 or team that missed the playoff such as the 2014 season standings where the Carolina Panthers clinched DW4 with a 7-8-1 season (i.e. a losing season!!) while the two wildcards, Arizona and Detroit both won 11 games in the season and especially Philadelphia missing out on the play offs after winning 10 games during the season.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
TigerForce said:

You just have to appreciate the genius of Brady-Belichick. 9 SB in 18 years? No double chance in finals, having to win home/away and playing finals at neurtal venues? Staggering ahcievement.

Brady is not only the greatest QB in history he is a great team man. He hasn't been blessed with the greatest sides but he gets the best out of his teammates.

Hopefully they win number 6.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
MD Jazz said:
You just have to appreciate the genius of Brady-Belichick. 9 SB in 18 years? No double chance in finals, having to win home/away and playing finals at neurtal venues? Staggering ahcievement.

Brady is not only the greatest QB in history he is a great team man. He hasn't been blessed with the greatest sides but he gets the best out of his teammates.

Hopefully they win number 6.

Yep, definitely a great dynasty of the last 20 years, but that's what I'm now sick and tired of. Seen enough. For the sake of my Steelers still leading the way with 6 SB wins, I hope the Rams win this one and keep the Pats at 5. ;D

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
TigerForce said:
Yep, definitely a great dynasty of the last 20 years, but that's what I'm now sick and tired of. Seen enough. For the sake of my Steelers still leading the way with 6 SB wins, I hope the Rams win this one and keep the Pats at 5. ;D

Fair enough.

FWIW I reckon the Steelers are gonna drop off big time.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Fair chance this time next year will be talking about a Giants v Jets Super Bowl new QB for the Giants and away we go

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
MD Jazz said:
Fair enough.

FWIW I reckon the Steelers are gonna drop off big time.

If Ben remains as No 1 quarterback, I agree. We need a new kid to start taking over. Same with head coach Tomlin....more questions than answers.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
He's been blessed with Edelman and Gronk, and the offensive line that give him a minute to set up each play. Oh, and the refs.

He is great, though. Serious.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
spook said:
He's been blessed with Edelman and Gronk, and the offensive line that give him a minute to set up each play. Oh, and the refs.

He is great, though. Serious.

Yeh, has always had a good O-line.

And Gronk is one of the great big moment players in sports history.

Edelman was the 232nd pick who played his entire career to that point as a quarterback. Would he be the player he is now if he was drafted anywhere else? They may have been the only organisation to see him as a gun wide receiver/returner.

To have had all the success and still have the desire at 41 is amazing.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Yeh, has always had a good O-line.

And Gronk is one of the great big moment players in sports history.

Edelman was the 232nd pick who played his entire career to that point as a quarterback. Would he be the player he is now if he was drafted anywhere else? They may have been the only organisation to see him as a gun wide receiver/returner.

To have had all the success and still have the desire at 41 is amazing.
All of that is amazing, and a credit to the organisation and individuals.

On a scale of 1 to sandpaper though, where does deflating balls sit? Somewhere around lozenge?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah a defensive masterclass, unfortunately it made for a poor game. Edelman definitely deserved MVP.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
mainlandy said:
New England deserved the win, what a coach Bill.B is

No they didn't. Lowest winning season in 10 years. 10 years in a row of 'walking' into the playoffs due to weak divisional rivals. Time to even up a few things Yanks.

Steelers 6
Patriots 6

We're tied..... :mad:

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
TigerForce said:
No they didn't. Lowest winning season in 10 years. 10 years in a row of 'walking' into the playoffs due to weak divisional rivals. Time to even up a few things Yanks.

Steelers 6
Patriots 6

We're tied..... :mad:

Ok, so the Ravens have been a good team for a long time, but the Bengals and the Browns? There’s 4 gifts every year to Pittsburgh. Your just a little jealous New England is level with you now :)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
mainlandy said:
Ok, so the Ravens have been a good team for a long time, but the Bengals and the Browns? There’s 4 gifts every year to Pittsburgh. Your just a little jealous New England is level with you now :)

Bengals have been good too.

:frustration