NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How’s this , went to a Rangers game in October, bought the young bloke a Zuccarello top, Zuccerello gets traded, went to a Knicks game , bought the young fella a Porzingis singlet, he gets traded, and yep you guessed it , bought a Beckham Jnr jersey at the Giants game .........starting to worry about the young blokes Rioli gurnsey

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Mr Brightside said:
How’s this , went to a Rangers game in October, bought the young bloke a Zuccarello top, Zuccerello gets traded, went to a Knicks game , bought the young fella a Porzingis singlet, he gets traded, and yep you guessed it , bought a Beckham Jnr jersey at the Giants game .........starting to worry about the young blokes Rioli gurnsey

Very strange decision by the Giants, they are going to be a mediocre team for quite some time.

This free agency period has been wild so far.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
How's that controversial win by the Virginia Cavaliers in the Final 4 today.

If you want excitement in basketball watch the college level. I gave up the NBA years ago because it got boring.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
TigerForce said:
How's that controversial win by the Virginia Cavaliers in the Final 4 today.

If you want excitement in basketball watch the college level. I gave up the NBA years ago because it got boring.

Agree, it is just great to watch, as you say much more interesting than the NBA.

And well done to the ref to have the courage to make that call - it was correct and the guy showed great nerve to hit the 3 FT's.

It just shows you that you should never put the whistle away in close games, just make the calls that are there. It's simple.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
MD Jazz said:
Agree, it is just great to watch, as you say much more interesting than the NBA.

And well done to the ref to have the courage to make that call - it was correct and the guy showed great nerve to hit the 3 FT's.

It just shows you that you should never put the whistle away in close games, just make the calls that are there. It's simple.

The guy...Kyle Guy :hihi Yeah I can't believe how relaxed he was/looked with the 3 throws even though he admitted he was trembling inside.

Refs did well but somehow missed a double dribble by the Cavs.

Other semi between the Texas Tech Red Raiders and Michigan State was also a close one.

2019 NCAA National Championship game on Tuesday morning our time: Virginia Cavaliers v Texas Tech Red Raiders

Best part of college basketball and football is the mateship all players show after the game (win or lose).

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Benny got it over Vibey there.

No coincidence that the RFC has gone forward onto glory without the likes of these guys playing, they just werent made of the right stuff to take the Tigers all the way.

Good luck to em racking up yards and eventually some $$$ over there.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Absolutely.

An American exchange student once told me that lots of people prefer the College sports, because the players play for the guernsey not the dollars. I only really appreciated this when I got Kayo and got to see a lot of College sports.

Reactions: 1 user

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
I reckon there is a huge chance New England’s reign of being in the Super Bowl will end this weekend against the Titans, who have a seriously good team. Tannehill is in great form, the have the leader in rushing Derrick Henry who has some serious moves, and an X factor in A.J Brown who could be the next big thing in the NFL. Such a great team to watch. So looking forward to this game.
As a Saints fan we should smash Minnesota.

Cannot wait

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Absolutely.

An American exchange student once told me that lots of people prefer the College sports, because the players play for the guernsey not the dollars. I only really appreciated this when I got Kayo and got to see a lot of College sports.
All true Streak. Even the emotion and team bond is all real in the college games (basketball and football). Close games are great to watch.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I reckon there is a huge chance New England’s reign of being in the Super Bowl will end this weekend against the Titans, who have a seriously good team. Tannehill is in great form, the have the leader in rushing Derrick Henry who has some serious moves, and an X factor in A.J Brown who could be the next big thing in the NFL. Such a great team to watch. So looking forward to this game.

Cannot wait
I hope New England does drop out as they've had their time, and as for that former Steeler clown, A Brown. It's best this bloke sees a psychologist as he's gone completely bonkers with attitude (ala Kyrgios style). First with Oakland Raiders, then at the Patriots and now with the Saints.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
I hope New England does drop out as they've had their time, and as for that former Steeler clown, A Brown. It's best this bloke sees a psychologist as he's gone completely bonkers with attitude (ala Kyrgios style). First with Oakland Raiders, then at the Patriots and now with the Saints.
A.J Brown at Tennessee TF, a rookie

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great to see the Patriots out week 1! Now come on NO
F... and hell!! Couldn't believe it!!! Great stuff Titans....just like my beloved Tigers, you made my NFL year!

With all due respect to Bill Belichick, I hope this is the beginning of the end.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watching the replay, geez Billy's angry with the Titans coach tactics of milking the final quarter clock 3 times in a row. Funny rules these Yanks...

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Cannot wait
Henry was huge.