NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I dunno much about the game specifics but I'll be watching it

me too, pulling a rare 'working from home'. :mrt

good half time show. I reckon Shakira got up by a short half head.

evenly poised game. 49ers have the edge but can't get it all on the board. I feel like 49ers should win, but Kansas could win with a couple of good plays.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

evenly poised game. 49ers have the edge but can't get it all on the board. I feel like 49ers should win, but Kansas could win with a couple of good plays.
I'll have to watch it tonight. Bloody hell what an improvement by these 49ers.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TD!! Here come the Chiefs. I hope they win mainly because, like us, it's been 50 years and also to keep SF's 'flags' to 5 (i.e. under the Steelers)

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Great game. Really thought SF was going to win after half time, but in the end it came down to QB V QB and Mahones is better than Garopolo. Mahones didn’t have any space for three quarters, but then found it with their hurry up offence. Always knew the AFC was stronger than the NFC

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good to see someone different get to enjoy a championship.

How did Rod Tidwell go ............. ?

I know hes not real and he played for the Cardinals anyway.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Tom Brady has left the Patriots.

interesting to see where he ends up

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tom Brady has left the Patriots.

interesting to see where he ends up
2 year deal $86m (AUD) with Tampa Bay. Bloody hell, how's that for a 2 year contract. Most still bewildered why he chose this 'middle of the ladder' team.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
2 year deal $86m (AUD) with Tampa Bay. Bloody hell, how's that for a 2 year contract. Most still bewildered why he chose this 'middle of the ladder' team.

Could be a case of highest bidder wins.

I reckon he may have liked the look of the Bucs offence. They were capable of putting up a lot of points when Winston wasn’t constantly turning the ball over. Brady won’t do that.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Great to hear this morning that the NFL season starts tomorrow, going to be a weird season without those rabid fans. There will be no bubble, apparently there will only be 2 teams that are allowed to have fans, one of them being Kansas City who are going to have 16000 at their game, can't remember who the other team is. Really looking forward to see how the Buccaneers go with the Ground and Brady headlining their team, don't think they will do too much although I really don't know if their team is that strong or not. Interesting to see how the Patriots go with the addition of our Richmond man Cam Newton, they might be ok if he can stay out on the park.
Anyway go Saints

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Great to hear this morning that the NFL season starts tomorrow, going to be a weird season without those rabid fans. There will be no bubble, apparently there will only be 2 teams that are allowed to have fans, one of them being Kansas City who are going to have 16000 at their game, can't remember who the other team is. Really looking forward to see how the Buccaneers go with the Ground and Brady headlining their team, don't think they will do too much although I really don't know if their team is that strong or not. Interesting to see how the Patriots go with the addition of our Richmond man Cam Newton, they might be ok if he can stay out on the park.
Anyway go Saints
I've been watching Last Chance U so I have more of an interest in american football so I'll watch some nfl and see how I go.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Seahawks off to a 3-0 start thanks to the magic of Rusell Wilson. Set some sort of record for touchdown passes. I don't get the game enough to know of the rest of the team is good enough to go all the way but they have been in playoffs for 6 or 7 years running.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Seahawks off to a 3-0 start thanks to the magic of Rusell Wilson. Set some sort of record for touchdown passes. I don't get the game enough to know of the rest of the team is good enough to go all the way but they have been in playoffs for 6 or 7 years running.
He is off to a blinder and in MVP form at the moment.
The case against them is they're in the NFC West which is arguably the toughest division in the comp this year.
49ers are really banged up which helps but the Rams are no pushover and the Cardinals have improved a heap over the last year or so.
IF they can win the Division then there isn't too much else in the NFC to worry about, Packers & Saints will be up there again & potentially Tampa if Brady can stay fit.
It's the Chiefs to lose this year again, they were super impressive beating the Ravens last week who would be their main threat in the AFC.
Let's just hope we get a full season, already 1 game postponed for COVID this week.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Working from home not so rare these days down south. ....