NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
He is off to a blinder and in MVP form at the moment.
The case against them is they're in the NFC West which is arguably the toughest division in the comp this year.
49ers are really banged up which helps but the Rams are no pushover and the Cardinals have improved a heap over the last year or so.
IF they can win the Division then there isn't too much else in the NFC to worry about, Packers & Saints will be up there again & potentially Tampa if Brady can stay fit.
It's the Chiefs to lose this year again, they were super impressive beating the Ravens last week who would be their main threat in the AFC.
Let's just hope we get a full season, already 1 game postponed for COVID this week.
Thanks for the neat overview. And after 4 rounds your assessment of NFC West is playing true...I see they have combined 11 wins. Most of any division to date.
Something to follow more closely after the GF.
I was hoping Kayo would give me acces to all / many games but just seems to be the same two that are on 7 mate each week. Couple of years back they had three games.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Thanks for the neat overview. And after 4 rounds your assessment of NFC West is playing true...I see they have combined 11 wins. Most of any division to date.
Something to follow more closely after the GF.
I was hoping Kayo would give me acces to all / many games but just seems to be the same two that are on 7 mate each week. Couple of years back they had three games.
I'm not sure with Kayo but between 7mate and ESPN you get the 3 primetime games Fri/Mon/Tue mornings. Usually 3 or 4 of the earlier games.
It's a shame they removed Redzone channel a couple years ago, that was fantastic for keeping across the early matches.
You can only get that on NFL Gamepass now which coincided with them doubling the price to nearly $300 per season.
I used to get it every season but put my foot down when they did that, there's a lovely website called sportsbay dot org which looks after all your live streaming needs on US Sports.
It was a good week for Seattle anyway with them winning and 49ers/Cards both losing.

Reactions: 1 user

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
The three teams I love in the NFL are having a great day. Baltimore who I bet on a while ago to win the superbowl thumped the Titans by 10, then the Saints had an easy game against the Bears, and now the Browns have scored 28 points in the first quarter against their nemesis the Steelers, the most points scored in a first quarter in the history of the playoffs. There are still 3 quarters to go though hopefully they can hold them off.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Tom Brady back to the Super Bowl as a Buccaneer
He is a freak. Gotta be the greatest player in NFL history and perhaps the best in team sports history? Hard to compare different sports but if was to win another superbowl with Tampa it would be an amazing achievement.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
He is a freak. Gotta be the greatest player in NFL history and perhaps the best in team sports history? Hard to compare different sports but if was to win another superbowl with Tampa it would be an amazing achievement.
And he goes home to Gisele Bundchen every night.....

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Could be a case of highest bidder wins.

I reckon he may have liked the look of the Bucs offence. They were capable of putting up a lot of points when Winston wasn’t constantly turning the ball over. Brady won’t do that.

Pat on the back time, called it!

Dragging the Gronk out of retirement definitely helped, but these Buc’s shouldn’t be taken lightly.

At home in a Super Bowl is unchartered territory, never been seen before.

Reckon there will be points scored galore, back the total to go over I reckon.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Rodgers fudged it. Could have run the ball in for a TD himself, then didn't go for it on 4th and goal, giving Brady the ball back with two minutes on the clock and praying for a turnover. Choke.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Yeh, their offence is scary and Mahomes a freak in his own right. Hard to see the Bucs holding them to less than 35. Only an injury or 3 can stop them. Surely Brady can't conjure another win?

One can only hope. Got a Tigers-Twilight Payment-Chiefs treble riding on it.

Laid the Chiefs this morning to ensure a small profit but gonna let most of it ride.

• Wow

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Rodgers fudged it. Could have run the ball in for a TD himself, then didn't go for it on 4th and goal, giving Brady the ball back with two minutes on the clock and praying for a turnover. Choke.
He may not have got there although surprised he didn't try for it. At the least he would have got it to about 2 yds for a 4th down attempt.

I assumed it was the coaches call not to go for it on 4th down?

Brady threw poorly (relatively) in the 2nd half and Rodgers didn't exploit it.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

I saw some bloke on First Take pushing the Rodgers should have run on 3rd down option, but what I saw was Rodgers getting a slight ankle tap and throwing slightly off balance. If he continued to run there was a defender coming at pace from his left who would have got to him at around the 4 yard line.

From there no doubt they go for the touchdown on 4th down, and who knows what happens then.

But I do agree giving the ball back to Brady at that point in time doesn’t seem like the smartest strategic play.

To take it a step further, say the Packers get the touchdown on 4th down and get the required 2pt conversion to tie it up, I would still back Brady to drive his team to field goal range to break the deadlock.

Pure speculation, but so much can happen in the last 2 minutes in the NFL.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just watched a 30 for 30 doco on Kayo about the replacement players for the Washington redskins NFL side in 1987 when the main players went on strike. Fascinating story.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Good on the Buc's, great to see a struggling franchise enjoy the ultimate success.

Never gave the Chiefs a look in.

I missed the first 7 - 8 minutes. Did the Chiefs suffer some early injuries to their offensive line? Their protection of Mahomes was nothing short of putrid.

Brady's record will never be surpassed you would think.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Brady's record will never be surpassed you would think.

Dustys probably the only bloke who could do it. If he lasted till 43, He'll collect 10 flags

Bookies made a fortune. they were still laying the Chiefs, offering $1.8 on the Bucs with 3 mins to go.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
If ever a guy deserved the GOAT moniker its Brady.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Listening to the wrap up of it I was reminded of the similarities between this win and ours against Adelaide in ‘17. Underdogs, a more fancied opponent doesn’t perform up to expectation, and they did it at home.