NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Let me think about it Don.

Just spitballing, maybe something like this.

In the first week pick 1 QB from the AFC and one from the NFC.

+4 points for a completed pass, -2 points for an incomplete pass, +6 points for a touchdown pass and -10 points for an interception.

Come up with something relevant for running backs, defenders, receivers and punters,

Up to you mate, it was just a thought, something that adds an extra bit of enjoyment and interest to the games

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just spitballing, maybe something like this.

In the first week pick 1 QB from the AFC and one from the NFC.

+4 points for a completed pass, -2 points for an incomplete pass, +6 points for a touchdown pass and -10 points for an interception.

Come up with something relevant for running backs, defenders, receivers and punters,

Up to you mate, it was just a thought, something that adds an extra bit of enjoyment and interest to the games
Interesting.

I’ll try to come up with something.

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Alabama v Georgia today, find it tough to get enthused by either team.

Slight leaning towards the Bulldogs.

meownotroar

Tiger Cub
Nov 6, 2009
Sorry, not comparing the Bills to the Cats in hatred, more the results with the Cats of that same era. Great team, unlucky not to win a SB or two, all their players were really good footballers and generally caused no trouble.
Cats with Blight at the helm were an ok team to watch, unlike now with Grumblebum in charge.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Cats with Blight at the helm were an ok team to watch, unlike now with Grumblebum in charge.

Yep still shocked that team didn't win a flag, they were undoubtedly next best ever IMO. Great on-ballers, the delivery and passing was amazing. Bairstow, the Buddha, Bews, Couch, the Spiro Malakies, and Browney's old man ;)

1992 team - 22 games - 3,057 points scored - average score - 139 points a game.
Games of 239 points scored, 210, 198, 192, 181, 175, 172 and 165.
Eight games they scored over 165 points in 22 games, not 22 years!!
Four finals - 172, 95, 149 and 85 - 501 points - average finals score of 125.
1992 season H&A and Finals - 3,558 points scored.

1989 team - 22 games - 2,916 points scored - average score - 133 points a game.
Games of 228 in a game, 211, 179, 175, 164, 163 and 162.
Finals are even more eye watering - 81, 153, 164 and 138 - 536 points - average score in finals - 134

Amazing too watch!! BUT......

(It don't mean a thing if U ain't got that ring!!) :cupgold

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Let's go bro!!

1191314137.0.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Gee that marching band music at college games is boring-annoying. Same same same.

Yeah if you're not giving me The Killers or some big act before the game, I'll sit in the bar until 10 minutes before the game starts before going to my seat, so boring :sleep:

Really miss the under 19's and Reserves games before the Seniors played, we used to get to watch and enjoy our whole club's list and who was coming up or looking good for the future.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
8 NFL Coaches and General Managers got fired yesterday. Probably more to come this week and after this weekend's playoff eliminations!! Crazy!!

• Wow

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Flores ???

Yeah one of the bigger shocks, apparently owner is blaming him for recruiting decisions, he's not getting along with the owner and Tua reportedly. He's had pretty average QB's though, Fitztragic, Tua, Rosen to name three, not all his fault. Appararently he liked Herbert as well before the draft, so getting Tua must have come from higher up - the GM and/or owner :censored: :rolleyes:

Owners quote -
“After evaluating where we are as an organisation and what we need going forward to improve, I determined that key dynamics of our football organisation weren’t functioning at a level I want it to be and felt that this decision was in the best interest of the Miami Dolphins,” Ross said.

“I believe we have a talented young roster in place and have the opportunity to be much better in 2022.”

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah one of the bigger shocks, apparently owner is blaming him for recruiting decisions, he's not getting along with the owner and Tua reportedly. He's had pretty average QB's though, Fitztragic, Tua, Rosen to name three, not all his fault. Appararently he liked Herbert as well before the draft, so getting Tua must have come from higher up - the GM and/or owner :censored: :rolleyes:

Owners quote -
“After evaluating where we are as an organisation and what we need going forward to improve, I determined that key dynamics of our football organisation weren’t functioning at a level I want it to be and felt that this decision was in the best interest of the Miami Dolphins,” Ross said.

“I believe we have a talented young roster in place and have the opportunity to be much better in 2022.”
Some franchises have the worst owners. They undermine the possibility of success many of them.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
8 NFL Coaches and General Managers got fired yesterday. Probably more to come this week and after this weekend's playoff eliminations!! Crazy!!

The 8 -
Chicago - Fired Matt Nagy - Head Coach; Ryan Pace - General Manager
Denver - Fired Vic Fangio - Head Coach
Detroit - Anthony Lynn - Offensive Co-Ordinator
Miami - Fired Brian Flores - Head Coach
Minnesota - Fired Mike Zimmer - Head Coach; Rick Spielman - General Manager
NY Giants - Dave Gettleman - General Manager

(Correction - Gettleman retired, did a shyte job so same diff) :p

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Some franchises have the worst owners. They undermine the possibility of success many of them.
They haven't been to the AFC Championship and the SB since the '84 season, 38 years now. They have surpassed the Tiges :LOL:
Joe Robbie and his son were the owners until Huizenga bought it in '94 and Ross bought it off him in '09.
Think lots of these owners buy just for the prestige of owning a franchise, and definitely the cheques ownership provides, not to chase titles.