Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
3 top 5 bnfs during 2017 to 2020 should have translated to at least 2 AA's

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tigger is finally getting a bit of recognition.

These journalists who have finally taken their blinkers off, aren't telling us Tiger fans anything that we don't already know.

"Does Richmond premiership defender Nick Vlastuin deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation as Tom Stewart, Jeremy McGovern, Darcy Moore and some of the other top tier intercept marking defenders of the last decade?

Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne certainly thinks so, revealing Vlastuin is the 25th best player of the last seven years, according to their ratings system.

The 29-year-old has had an outstanding start to 2024, highlighted by his 29-disposal, 13-mark game in the win over Sydney.

Hoyne believes it’s time to start celebrating Vlastuin as a player on the same level as Geelong champion Stewart.

“His performance against Sydney on Sunday was unbelievable. It just got me thinking, I don’t think this guy has made All-Australian, but the impact he has had on the competition and the impact he has had on Richmond over the last seven or eight years, I think it’s up there with what Tom Stewart has done,” Hoyne told SEN’s Sportsday.

“Tom Stewart is an absolute superstar of the competition, five-time All-Australian and been absolutely phenomenal.

“But in terms of what Vlastuin has done, over the last seven years off our rating he’s the 25th best player in the competition.

To put that into context, Tom Stewart is around 50th to 55th in the competition (over that time).

“In this period, and we talk about the intercept game and that being king, over a seven-year period he’s one the seventh most intercepts of any player in the competition. He’s won the fourth most intercept marks of any player in the competition, which is unbelievable given the size of the bloke.

“In terms of what he’s been able to get on the scoreboard for his intercepts, he’s generated the second most points of any player in the competition off his intercept work over a seven-year period.

“Having the bigger picture conversation and the celebration of this guy in terms of his career and the impact he’s had, I think others like McGovern and Stewart and Moore and Lever and May, they get the recognition that they deserve, Vlastuin needs his recognition elevated a bit more.”

Vlastuin and the Tigers take on St Kilda in Gather Round, hoping to catapult off their Round 3 win over Sydney."

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I had no idea Stewart, Moore et al were rated as highly as Vlastuin, unbelievable.

Vlastuin doesn't make the AA, isn't that further proof he is a class above? Surely they all know AA is a joke?

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I had no idea Stewart, Moore et al were rated as highly as Vlastuin, unbelievable.

Vlastuin doesn't make the AA, isn't that further proof he is a class above? Surely they all know AA is a joke?

DS
Well put, DS. Everybody knows that endorsement by the corrupt AFL is purest damnation.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Bloody hell that was a great grab.
Best he’s ever taken. Certainly the most spectacular. Even better than the one over Buddy.
Played well again today. Was holding my breath though after that Yeo tackle. Glad he was alright.

Reactions: 4 users