Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Caddy completed the tackle and Rioli hit the ground on his side then rolled to face down. Caddy went down onto Rioli on his side then momentum carried him over onto Rioli's back. So if the Ump did not see the initial fall to the ground - as the ball had gone after the tackle - and looked back it would seem like a fall into the back. And of course it is Richmond transgressing so it is a penalty

From where I was sitting in Bay M1 it was bleedingly obvious that there was no push in the back. If the umpire did not see the initial fall to the ground then he can hardly pay a free for something happening well after the tackle and when the player is already on the ground. What is the umpire's claim here, that a Richmond player somehow pushed Willy Rioli through the ground? Furthermore, the umpire should be dropped for making bad position to see the play if he didn't see the initial fall to the ground.

Just gross incompetence, no excuses, this is not a volunteer umpire in a suburban under 14s game, this is the peak competition in the sport. Not good enough.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tigga is a dead set champion.
If he and Grimsey aren't All Australians i'll :vomit

Reactions: 3 users

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Vlaustin Grimes and Houli will be all Australian..no doubt about it.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
as somebody said, "he doesn't go the fist, he just marks it ! "

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
How good is this bloke?

The perfect mixture of size, speed, aggression and skill. Reckon the Grundy vs Vlastuin debate is well and truly alive.

Did make one howler but he is always looking to attack so i can forgive the odd turnover.

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005
BOG today.

Tough as nails and always looks like he’s enjoying the game.

Great judgement marking the ball and first to help a team mate.

So glad Vlaus is a Tiger!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Immense. A one man wall. Playing the game with extreme arrogance, not even thinking of losing a contest. Can’t fathom it.

This is Corey Enright, Luke Hodge level back flankerry. Just entering his prime.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Head to about the 40.30 minute mark. ..... Rodney Eade knows what we've known for a long time :)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm still outraged he didn't make the AA side let alone the squad.

He is playing the game with Dusty like arrogance at the moment.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
thought Vlast was all over it today. really great game, and part of a defensive unit that are the best ..

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Vlastuin just goes about the business in his usual professional, business-like fashion .
Gets the job done. Dependable and reliable and really good at what he does.