Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Given the elevation of Dylan Grimes in the eyes of the football public has Nick Vlastuin taken over his mantle as the competition’s most underrated player?

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Given the elevation of Dylan Grimes in the eyes of the football public has Nick Vlastuin taken over his mantle as the competition’s most underrated player?

he's only a C grader, nothing to get excited about apparently

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
he's only a C grader, nothing to get excited about apparently
That was one of the most ludicrous list analysis I've ever laid eyes upon. Personally I rate him as an A grader. Or at least a B+ and I think he's so reliable and consistantly brilliant in his position that I have no idea how anyone can possibly rate him as C grade. It just doesn't compute.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
If Flossy's a C grader what does that make ALL the other back flankers in the AFL, Z graders I'd imagine.
I think Bucky has drunk too much of his own bathwater.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Immense. A one man wall. Playing the game with extreme arrogance, not even thinking of losing a contest. Can’t fathom it.

This is Corey Enright, Luke Hodge level back flankerry. Just entering his prime.
Were those guys C graders as well?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Have to laugh over the grading of our players.
I know we had injuries to a few key players this year but even so it's ridiculous that the team that dominates the competition for three years barely rates a mention at All Australian time. Not so long ago mobs like Geelol n Hawforn had AA's dripping from their arses every year. All of a sudden the best team in the comp is lucky to get 3 or 4 players in the squad of 40. Expert peanuts still have no idea of how we play footy so successfully n still wet themselves over irrelevant, ineffective numbers.
AA has degraded into a bulk lot version of the Brownlow. Pretty much glorified mid fielders medals n everyone else can get stuffed. A Ruck a Key forward a Key defender 15 mids n a couple of hybrid mids n there's your AA side.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Have to laugh over the grading of our players.
I know we had injuries to a few key players this year but even so it's ridiculous that the team that dominates the competition for three years barely rates a mention at All Australian time. Not so long ago mobs like Geelol n Hawforn had AA's dripping from their arses every year. All of a sudden the best team in the comp is lucky to get 3 or 4 players in the squad of 40. Expert peanuts still have no idea of how we play footy so successfully n still wet themselves over irrelevant, ineffective numbers.
AA has degraded into a bulk lot version of the Brownlow. Pretty much glorified mid fielders medals n everyone else can get stuffed. A Ruck a Key forward a Key defender 15 mids n a couple of hybrid mids n there's your AA side.

Must say you’ve been on fire lately tm - spot on again.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
We’ve got an A-grade system and Vlastuin is a perfect cog in that system

That’s all that matters really

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Tom Stewart is actually a very good player.
However there is a very good case that Nick Vlastuin is better. Imo where Vlastuin gets him is as a one on one defender.

Can’t say I have seen much of Stewart, but he would be doing extremely well to be a better contested mark than Floss.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep. Dunno why people get so upset about one man's opinion.
Troll back through the media *smile* of the last three years. It's hardly one mans opinion, most of the pea brains with big mouths are gibbering n twitching every time they are confronted with how well we've been performing. They barely rate the players or how the team jells n performs on match day, or over the season n are usually stunned when we dominate the finals. Then they start sprouting stats n formulas wondering how the hell we're not mid ladder somehow because we're not really very good at any aspect of the game but pressure n scrubbing the ball forward.

Reactions: 7 users