Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Troll back through the media **** of the last three years. It's hardly one mans opinion, most of the pea brains with big mouths are gibbering n twitching every time they are confronted with how well we've been performing. They barely rate the players or how the team jells n performs on match day, or over the season n are usually stunned when we dominate the finals. Then they start sprouting stats n formulas wondering how the hell we're not mid ladder somehow because we're not really very good at any aspect of the game but pressure n scrubbing the ball forward.
Spot on, TM. They all loved it when we fell over in the 2018 Prelim.

Reactions: 1 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
Most of our players are A graders ..

Yep A grade: Rance, Houli, Grimes, Vlaustuin, Edwards, Cotchin , Martin, Prestia, Lambert, Lynch, Riewoldt. ( All would walk into any other team in the best 4)
B+ Astbury, Short, Rioli, Nakervis, Soldo, Caddy, Stack ( All In the best 9 in every other team)
B. Bolton, Graham, Pickett
C+ Broad Castagna, Baker, Ross, Naish, Bolta
CCJ, RCD, Turner Eggz ( Tremendous growth in our juniors)

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Yep A grade: Rance, Houli, Grimes, Vlaustuin, Edwards, Cotchin , Martin, Prestia, Lambert, Lynch, Riewoldt. ( All would walk into any other team in the best 4)
B+ Astbury, Short, Rioli, Nakervis, Soldo, Caddy, Stack ( All In the best 9 in every other team)
B. Bolton, Graham, Pickett
C+ Broad Castagna, Baker, Ross, Naish, Bolta
CCJ, RCD, Turner Eggz ( Tremendous growth in our juniors)
So you don't rate Jack (G), only a B. :rotfl1

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Vlastuin typifies the tigers in every way.

He is vastly underrated by the footy media - just like the tiger team.
He is a massive on field leader - as is the way the team now plays as a whole.
He plays his role perfectly and is therefore often only seen as a role player by outsiders.
He is a tough player but plays fair.

I can’t remember who was taken before him in the draft but I am so glad we got him.

He reminds me of the cats defence when they were in the sweat spot with Scarlet the defensive general (we have Rance and now Grimes) but was surrounded by so me talented defenders.

Reactions: 4 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Vlastuin typifies the tigers in every way.

He is vastly underrated by the footy media - just like the tiger team.
He is a massive on field leader - as is the way the team now plays as a whole.
He plays his role perfectly and is therefore often only seen as a role player by outsiders.
He is a tough player but plays fair.

I can’t remember who was taken before him in the draft but I am so glad we got him.

He reminds me of the cats defence when they were in the sweat spot with Scarlet the defensive general (we have Rance and now Grimes) but was surrounded by so me talented defenders.
Yep.
He is a gun.
Grundy went before him.
I was dead keen on Grundy but I would keep Vlossy.
He holds that backline together.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
I think you will find that Grundy went after him. Vlastuin pick 9 and Grundy pick 18. Grundy the steel of the draft.

For the number 6 watches the Bulldogs Macrae went six. A pretty good player IMO

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think you will find that Grundy went after him. Vlastuin pick 9 and Grundy pick 18. Grundy the steel of the draft.

That’s correct. I think there were more than a few here saying we should have picked Grundy in preference to Vlastuin, although with 9 picks between the 2 we weren’t the only ones who didn’t go early on Grundy.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

And Melbourne got Jimmy Toumpas with pick 4. Never change, Dees.

SOS took Jono O'Rourke with pick 2 and Lachie Plowman with pick 3. Gold.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Looking at the 2012 draft there are more misses than hits.

Grundy now the top ranked player of that draft - then there is Whitefield, McRae, Wines and Vlastuin which probably make out the top 5 (l will leave it up to others to rank those from 2 to 5 ).

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
And Melbourne got Jimmy Toumpas with pick 4. Never change, Dees.

SOS took Jono O'Rourke with pick 2 and Lachie Plowman with pick 3. Gold.

Tigga was also Vic Metro skipper wasnt he that season.

That was another reason we took him.

Vlastuin was rated higher than #9 the preceeding year was rated top 2 or 3 from memory, just slipped a little in his draft year.

O Rourke and Plowman and Toumpas man ...............................:mhihi:mhihi

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I'm happy to have Tigger underrated by peanut part-time observers The four walls know his worth. A Tiger champion.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Reckon Nick sits number four now behind Grundy, Whitfield and Mitchell. And that's a good three.

Aaron Mullet!!!!!!!!!! Fallen off a cliff.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The apposing team coaches all seem to ignore his obvious talents and those of others like Dylan, Shane, Kane etc at their peril and it showed yet again in the finals series.