Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he been tried there before and it didn't work out?
I would say mixed results, when he was very young. I recall three goals playing in the guts against the Eagles in Perth in his first year. Clearly his best position is in the backline, but I'm just saying if we have a dearth of mids and a surfeit of backs, he's the best choice to go into the middle.

I seem to recall that too. Wasn't he originally a mid? But he has found his spot in the backline and is a great player where he is.

DS
We originally wanted him to be a mid but fact is he played half-back for Vic Metro. Merv Keane and Kevin Sheedy were great backmen too, but it didn't stop them ruck-roving in a premiership when we needed them to.

Reactions: 2 users
Relax guys. With Big Dave still not ready apparently, no need to change the current BL structure. In principle, don't mind the idea of Floss being tried in the middle again in lieu of currently missing our tough inside mids.
Balta could be freed up to play ruck relief in there too when Dave returns, resting forward. But only if we meet opposition where we could do without Soldo to combat a highly mobile opposition ruckman i.e. play Chol as No.1 ruck. I'm thinking about the Bulldogs' English for example, who covers a lot of ground, takes vital marks but not so good at CBs as yet.
I concede very unlikely but would be a daring combo: highly athletic, skilled, fast and aerially threatening, dangerous near goal, super mobile talls.

Not so related but IMHO, it's our forward line that needs to fire up and get their act together if we are to beat the likes of GWS. The BL has saved our arse thus far.

Fantastic bloke too, nothing like having, not just one, but both his premiership medallions round my neck!

Will be Captain next year. Lynch and Grimes will be the Vice-Captains

Houli, Riewoldt both to retire. Cotchin & Edwards one more year

Worse game ive seen Big V play.
Spent the entire night talking to Greene.

Reactions: 1 user
This injury run is brutal.

if you count Rance Out: forever (wife)

then its worse than 2019.

any word on The Love Machine?

*smile* I hope he's back for The Lions.

Tigga is the glue that holds the backline together along with Grimes. I hope it doesn't all unravel.

• Wow
Worst possible bloke to lose at the worst possible time - can not for the life of me see who replaces him....

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Actually surprised that he's only up to 150 games. Seems like he's been around for 200+.
Absolute gun. One of the first picked.
Quiet riot tonight Big V.

Reactions: 1 users
150 games is a good prelude to being the next captain of RFC.
The very quiet achiever who relentlessly gives his all.
Inspiring player.

Actually surprised that he's only up to 150 games. Seems like he's been around for 200+.
Absolute gun. One of the first picked.
Quiet riot tonight Big V.

I am surprised too, but the other way.

Feels to me like he is still a kid and not been here that long.

Irrespective, what an absolute gun.