Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Shuey was up to his old tricks again yesterday. Third quarter I think. Taranto got him high (legitimate free kick, to be truthful) but you'd have thought by the way Shuey performed his now-famous Astonishing Whiplash Manoeuvre (patent pending) that he was auditioning for the WWE.

Taranto gave him a verbal spray and planted a double-handed Dusty into his sternum for which 50 would normally have been awarded... but I suspect the umps thought Shuey deserved it.

The incident was left at that, much like Vlastuin's should have been.

Watch the king of this move, Jack McCrae. They really could rename the injury type as Jacklash. Not once have I heard an expert commentator mention his ability in this area. They just rave about his 45 inconsequential possessions.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
From the Lynch hearing.
"the immediate response was genuine and spontaneous. And if there was no contact to his throat at all, as Mr Lynch suggests, it was a somewhat miraculous piece of quick thinking to clutch at the very area it sure looked like contact was made to. He had to, in a millisecond, this would look to somebody as if this was a blow to his throat ... that is, you might think, rather unlikely."

On the basis of this alone - staging cannot be sanctionable because in the AFL's own words it's not possible to think so quickly.

Therefore unless the AFL are going to make a ruling that Grimes and Vlaustin are absolute mental geniuses then they cannot fine them for something that they apparently cannot think fast enough to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
I have lost total respect for Jordan Lewis after calling this staging. I used to like him.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The AFL didnt fine him for staging sticking his finger up Mabior's arse the other night?

the inconsistency is untenable.

good on The Club for taking a stand.

How are our blokes suppose to be authentic, if they cant pretend from time to time?

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Me too. I think he's got a good chance of winning. Grimesey not so much.
Just to make sure Nick wasn't wasting his time, I just had a look at it at few times, and Big Bellend does get him in the face. If you watch closely, Bellend's hand bounces off Vlasty;s shoulder into his face. It is there, look from the original angle, from behind, you can see his face wobble when it's in slow motion. As for Grimma, well he has a little history of it, which won't help. But, I haven't seen an angle, and I'm not saying there isn't one, that actually shows the real force that the Postage Stamp put on him when he pushed.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Just a quick shout out to the intercept marking machine! Shrugging off tackles and delivering with composure all night. Fearless!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yeah doesnt get enough love especially from the media.

Surely he is AA calculations.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Surely he is a lock for one AA HBF? Arguably had a better year than Grimes. If Stewart gets a gong in front of this guy I'll go spare.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Surely he is a lock for one AA HBF? Arguably had a better year than Grimes. If Stewart gets a gong in front of this guy I'll go spare.
Still scratching my head how Stewart got it in front of Nick last year....

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ralph just said that Big V did something silly again during the club song.
The AFL asked for a 'please explain'
Are happy that it was a in house joke.
To me it looked like he was showing someone on the opposite side of the circle, how to shoot up.
He told the AFL is was about a wine spilling down your arm.
Ok