Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Had a mare. You have to accept a couple of silly free kicks he is going to give away every week.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Not getting the captaincy may be a wake up call

Personally, don't reckon he was ever in the running. .. all that finger up the bum bs is not sort of captaincy stuff and though it was minor in the things that go on in footy club changerooms..... IMO made him come across as pretty immature.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
A few 50m over 18 months ( one in an intra club for heavens sake) for one of Richmond’s greatest ever defenders, arguably our most courageous the last few years, All Australian squad, a player who Dunstall regularly says is totally under appreciated ? And he played well on Saturday too ?

Meh. Bigger issues to worry about I reckon.

Season can’t start quick enough….

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Little things become big things. Could understand him playing frustrated last year, hope it doesn't continue this year.
There were 11 other players who gave away more frees than Vlas last year. One of them was the captain. Another is one of the new co captains. And another one is the other new co captain.

In fact in Nank’s case, he has given away the exact same amount of frees over his career as Vlas - whilst playing 74 less games !

Vlas gave away 2 50m last year. Same as Chimp, Martin, Grimes.

You worry too much. Season can’t start quick enough…..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He did miss half the season with injuries though. I am surprised it was only two 50s however.

And I've always said Nankervis is one of the reasons we lose so many free kick counts, but that's what you get with his style of play. Vlastuin I think has started to give away cheap ones, Nank makes everyone pay full price.
If you’re worried about Vastuin, you need to be equally worried about half the team then.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
He’s an awesome courageous player. A high wet slippery ball running backwards you just know he will mark it. That goal from outside 50m against the cats in that 2017 final was just awesome.

He is also one of our biggest culprits IMO for brain fade free kicks that just don’t need to be given. Usually a swinging arm to the head is the one he does when an opponent is already on the ground. You’d think it would be a very easy thing to fix up.

Don’t see him as a serial 50m offender though just someone who lashes out when frustrated. Clearly the pros >>>>>>>>> cons.

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
A few 50m over 18 months ( one in an intra club for heavens sake) for one of Richmond’s greatest ever defenders, arguably our most courageous the last few years, All Australian, a player who Dunstall regularly says is totally under appreciated ? And he played well on Saturday too ?

When was vlastuin all Australian?

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Use to be so vigilant in defence, gave no chances away, a rock!
Gave no hint of weakness, professional, then all this immature stuff started to leak out.
Finga-dot, 50 meters penalties, the odd elbow to the oppo head, back chat the ump!
Just stop it!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
A few 50m over 18 months ( one in an intra club for heavens sake) for one of Richmond’s greatest ever defenders, arguably our most courageous the last few years, All Australian squad, a player who Dunstall regularly says is totally under appreciated ? And he played well on Saturday too ?

Spot on. Competition star, should be multiple AA. A couple of minor indiscretions change none of that,

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Gave no hint of weakness, professional, then all this immature stuff started to leak out.
Finga-dot, 50 meters penalties, the odd elbow to the oppo head, back chat the ump!
Just stop it!
Use to be?

Still is. Star.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Just stop it!
The umps deserve more than some backchat. Good on him they are *smile* clueless and like most of us he is sick of getting shafted by them