Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
The umps deserve more than some backchat. Good on him they are *smile* clueless and like most of us he is sick of getting shafted by them
No they do not, not in the heat of a close game, you do not want to give any opportunity/advantage to your oppo to turn the game agin ya!
Tired and under pressure in a tight game and last quarter you do not want to give your oppo any advantage, none, fick 'em, no silly stuff!
He was one of the dependable ones, solid, always felt safe when he had the ball, now he leaks immature stuff.
Starting to have doubts about his footy composure especially under pressure now.
Maybe that GF KO rattled his brains!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Use to be so vigilant in defence, gave no chances away, a rock!
Gave no hint of weakness, professional, then all this immature stuff started to leak out.
Finga-dot, 50 meters penalties, the odd elbow to the oppo head, back chat the ump!
Just stop it!

My sense is his brainfarts last season would have counted against him in any captaincy consideration. Still a gun, but hope he cuts it out of his game.

Reactions: 4 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Vlastuin is similar to a number of our players, but I think they can all tighten it up this year.

I wouldn't know if they neglected their mindfulness training last year, probably not. But either way, they did have unexpected losses that suddenly ushered in a new kind of mental pressure for the boys to figure out. Quite of few of them were less mentally resilient under the new type of pressure, so he wasn't the only one.

Looking forward, it's no longer a sudden, new kind of pressure. Those frustration-induced free kicks are much more preventable this year, as they should all be talking together about how they feel about wins and losses and get back to those roots that detach outcomes from performance. Last year provided them all with an invaluable learning experience in an area that they've led the competition in previously. Therefore, regulating that frustration is now a matter of being willing to make the effort via mindfulness training. Any player who regularly gives away silly free kicks next year due to frustration should be viewed more harshly than last year, as it may be a sign of the player not putting in enough mindfulness work, which should be viewed as equally disappointing as neglecting physical training.

We saw that mental resilience drop off in mid-2020 due to the lockdown pressures as well, but they adapted by the finals and the problem went away. Always have to keep adapting, learning, paying attention, reflecting, etc to stay sharp - and that's what I'm hoping and expecting to see this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
My sense is his brainfarts last season would have counted against him in any captaincy consideration. Still a gun, but hope he cuts it out of his game.
Couldn’t agree more. I get madder when smart footballers do dumb things than when dumb footballears do what they do.

The dumb and cheap stuff Vlastuin does infuriates me. Just be the gun we know you are. Play the ball, if your not going to impact the contest don’t be late and stupid.

Reactions: 7 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm just hoping he has no more concussion injuries as he's had a few now & we've all seen where that can go.

At his best he's an absolute gun. Hope he has a great year.

Reactions: 11 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Already done the work, fitness not the issue. Body now a question mark, 16 and 12 games the last two years. 28 this year....

1646200655403.png

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Already done the work, fitness not the issue. Body now a question mark, 16 and 12 games the last two years. 28 this year....

View attachment 14700
I don’t know the answer to this, it’s a genuine question. Has he missed many games with soft tissue injuries? For instance I can’t recall him doing a hammy before?

Note: just saw Don’t Argue’s comment above :censored:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I love the way Tigger plays the game, he plays the game the way I like it to be played. He gives away less than 1 free kick a game.

Damn, just read he's done a hammy, **** it.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It's funny that a 3 time premiership star could miss round 1, but once again the AFL webpage, nothing, 'cricket's'.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

View attachment 14700
Standing in the hole n wearing knees n elbows on a regular basis will take it's toll eventually. Hope it's an absolutely minor tweak n he's back for round one. Fearless n reliable as they come the Flossy one.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Standing in the hole n wearing knees n elbows on a regular basis will take it's toll eventually. Hope it's an absolutely minor tweak n he's back for round one. Fearless n reliable as they come the Flossy one.
Tigger is as brave as any player that I've seen play in my 55+ years of watching the Tigers.

Reactions: 9 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not sure any media know yet, don't think club has announced it.

i can see the headline now

"Richmond has not yet announced that Nick Vlastuin may or may not miss round one shock"

Zips should be a news editor, has an eye for a good story

• Haha