Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
I’d rest Gibcus. He’s got plenty of time.
He’s also earmarked as playing the same interceptor role as Vlastuin.
Give him a spell in the twos to really dominate and gain confidence.
In the meantime give Miller a run of games to prove to everyone, including himself, that he belongs at senior level. We’ll never know if we keep dropping him and recalling him due only to injuries
agree, Walker would monster the lighter frame of Gibcus. Tex looked good ball on the gourd (as much as I hate saying that) and we need bigger bodies around Rashelle, Walker and the monster Elliot Himmelberg.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
agree, Walker would monster the lighter frame of Gibcus. Tex looked good ball on the gourd (as much as I hate saying that) and we need bigger bodies around Rashelle, Walker and the monster Elliot Himmelberg.
I like DA's and your thinking. Gibcus is doing more than OK but can be outmuscled at times. We need bid bodies next week to slow down Walker etc so to me that would elevate Miller to do the job on one of them as he is a big, fast and mobile unit. Having Vlastuin in back would be welcome and he is battle hardened although may be a little rusty after his lay off.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Vlastuin has another week off to be sure for me

Miller - Himmelberg
Tex - Tarrant
Gallant - Broad

Gibcus roams free

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Vlastuin to assume the intercept/rebound role Broad has been playing.
Not sure about that, Broad is in career form, the backline is humming.

Vlastuin to come back and just ease back into it. Nick had an ordinary 2021, I’m not convinced that he and Broad aren’t on the same level right now.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure about that, Broad is in career form, the backline is humming.

Vlastuin to come back and just ease back into it. Nick had an ordinary 2021, I’m not convinced that he and Broad aren’t on the same level right now.
Are you suggesting Nick isn’t a walk up start? If he isn’t playing that interceptor role than what is his role?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Are you suggesting Nick isn’t a walk up start? If he isn’t playing that interceptor role than what is his role?
I‘m suggesting that right now Nick can’t play that role better than Broad is currently. Especially on his first week back.

Ease him back into it. Broad is playing his best footy ever, I’m loathe to move him out of that role.

Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I’d rest Gibcus. He’s got plenty of time.
He’s also earmarked as playing the same interceptor role as Vlastuin.
Give him a spell in the twos to really dominate and gain confidence.
In the meantime give Miller a run of games to prove to everyone, including himself, that he belongs at senior level. We’ll never know if we keep dropping him and recalling him due only to injuries
Will be a challenge to dominate in the twos in his position i reckon.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
The only thing that concerns me from all snippets online is Vlas kicking beyond 30m. Im not sure how he is pulling up with longer kicking. Nice is a very nice kick, you need your backs kicking 45-55m consistently. If he is kicking full distances with no leg complaints for me he plays v crows.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
really interested to see how he goes and happy he's back

the latter part of last season he was a bit all over the shop. seemed angry about something

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Vlastuin sensational again. I personally thought he should have been made captain. Personifies commitment. 24 disposals 9 contested, 10 marks 2 contested, 6 rebound 50s and 14 intercepts. Crazy.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He’s gotta be the most underrated player I’ve ever seen in the AFL. He’s a superstar. Should be a multiple AA.

**** Byrne-Jones. What a joke. Probably a Luke Darcy selection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users