Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'm frustrated and disappointed with Nick's pretty useless and costly brain fade (again) too, But, upon reflection, I am going to argue that this behaviour, which seems to be part of a pattern now since, may well have come into his game since that brutal smash to the head from Dangerflop. It may have really affected his brain functioning in ways he doesn't even understand as yet (nor the experts possibly).

But I still haven't seen enough definitive evidence of it being such an offence to be worthy of a week.

Can understand the angst on here, but posters need to remind themselves of the penalties Dangerflop got from that GF hit. And what *smile* Cameron got for his hit on Shai in our last Moggies' clash 2 games back. (A poster inserted the still-shot on the Stewart thread somewhere I think if you need reminding) .

I reckon the club has chosen not to challenge just to avoid wasting another $10k. We know what to expect from the AFL for our players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
I'm frustrated and disappointed with Nick's pretty useless and costly brain fade (again) too, But, upon reflection, I am going to argue that this behaviour, which seems to be part of a pattern now since, may well have come into his game since that brutal smash to the head from Dangerflop. It may have really affected his brain functioning in ways he doesn't even understand as yet (nor the experts possibly).

But I still haven't seen enough definitive evidence of it being such an offence to be worthy of a week.

Can understand the angst on here, but posters need to remind themselves of the penalties Dangerflop got from that GF hit. And what *smile* Cameron got for his hit on Shai in our last Moggies' clash 2 games back. (A poster inserted the still-shot on the Stewart thread somewhere I think if you need reminding) .

I reckon the club has chosen mot to challenge just to avoid wasting another $10k. We know what to expect from the AFL for our players.
You wouldn’t be part of our legal system would you Leon. Turning the perpetrator into the victim, is killing this country.

The action and consequences belong to Nick

Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You wouldn’t be part of our legal system would you Leon. Turning the perpetrator into the victim, is killing this country.

The action and consequences belong to Nick
Nah, coulda/shoulda been a lawyer but rejected that exploitative profession in my idealistic youth; so just a 'bush' lawyer. But you haven't really addressed any of my points.
Nick, if a perp (cannot tell exactly myself based on footage posted here) is copping the consequence (and Soldo, surprised they couldn't fine Marlion on something!).

Dangerflop and Cameron absolutely none. Why's that given the AFL standards for player OHS especially re head hits is so moral and strong ... and, of course, consistently applied. :(

Also, how do you know how being smashed in the head like Floss was by Dangerflop at high velocity, would not alter your mental/physical functioning? We probably both need to read up more on concussion effects, CTE etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Nah, coulda/shoulda been a lawyer but rejected that exploitative profession in my idealistic youth; so just a 'bush' lawyer. But you haven't really addressed any of my points.
Nick, if a perp (cannot tell exactly myself based on footage posted here) is copping the consequence (and Soldo, surprised they couldn't fine Marlion on something!).

Dangerflop and Cameron absolutely none. Why's that given the AFL standards for player OHS especially re head hits is so moral and strong ... and, of course, consistently applied. :(

Also, how do you know how being smashed in the head like Floss was by Dangerflop at high velocity, would not alter your mental/physical functioning? We probably both need to read up more on concussion effects, CTE etc.
I’m sorry Leon but I don’t care if someone has a drug problem, concussion, mental health issues, play for Geelong or is just an ar$e, we all must be held accountable for our actions.
No get out of jail free card’s.

sorry ex

Sorry Leon but I don’t care if someone is on drugs, suffering concussion or mental health issues, play for Geelong, or is just an ar$e, everyone must be held accountable for their actions.

No get out of jail free card’s mate.

Nick was undisciplined and has cost his team as a result. He has to own that

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Mini Cooper, while I agree you take the penalty when you do something wrong, the issue is also that others simply aren't penalised.

Dangerfield can take Vlastuin out of the GF and not even get cited.

It is the complete lack of consistency and the lottery like nature of the MRP which really upsets people. I've seen so many incidents much worse than what Vlastuin did let off without comment or penalty.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just watched the highlights of round 1 1990 hawthorn vs Geelong Dunstall kicked 12.
Did the players get a pardon from the 89 GF? Yeats was playing

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I’m sorry Leon but I don’t care if someone has a drug problem, concussion, mental health issues, play for Geelong or is just an ar$e, we all must be held accountable for our actions.
No get out of jail free card’s.

sorry ex

Sorry Leon but I don’t care if someone is on drugs, suffering concussion or mental health issues, play for Geelong, or is just an ar$e, everyone must be held accountable for their actions.

No get out of jail free card’s mate.

Nick was undisciplined and has cost his team as a result. He has to own that
Once again, CoR. He (NV) has been held to account ... unlike many others, especially cases I can think of involving Selwood, Hawkins, Cameron and others.

So he copped what you wanted - for an offence that's not at all clear on the vision I could find. So, be happy, and stop repeating the same irrelevant point.

Finally, we are all controlled by our mental capacities, flaws and for many, by damaging injuries or experiences. We don't know if these odd outbursts of fairly futile aggro acts by NV may be due to the head hit from PD. But from memory, any undue aggression was rare for him before this terrible hit.

It's not an excuse; it's an explanation (possibly). We are NOT total masters of our destiny but subject to the " ... slings and arrows of outrageous fortune"! Maybe NV needs greater health assistance rather than just condemnation.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If so, let's hope it doesn't get to the Michael Hutchence of INXS level when gaining concussion. This is why these matters are seriously looked at.
Not sure Hutchence was gaining concussion at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
If we lose this very important game, questions should rightfully be asked by the club and teammates of Vlastuin and his stupid actions.
Totally avoidable and unnecessary.

Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Make him come back through the vfl. I’ve had a gut full of cheap undisciplined acts costing us games.

• Love

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
This is why he wasn't picked as Captain I guess. Just can't get rid of the dumb *smile* from his game, and it's cost us.