Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It wasn’t reportable, Lynch put a big knee into Aleer 10 minutes later.
It was a free kick however, interference in the marking contest/ unrealistic attempt.

I remember Grimes (I think) kneeing Josh Kennedy in the head and knocking him out a couple of years back. No report.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Nick along with Prestia seem to have been targeted the last few years.

Wonder why???

Vlaustin = our best interceptor.

Prestia= our best two way running bull midfielder.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
yeah that was it, he was flying for the mark and got him in the head completely unintentionally. Dixon definitely had a quick look at Vlas but that's never been a reportable offence.
On this, it makes me wonder will the day come when it is a reportable offence to cannon into an opponent with a knee that results in damage to the kidneys or ribs etc. At the moment it’s rightly about protecting the head (except if it Dangers elbow connecting with Nicks head….) but will a time will come when protecting players ribs or kidneys is also necessary?

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
On this, it makes me wonder will the day come when it is a reportable offence to cannon into an opponent with a knee that results in damage to the kidneys or ribs etc. At the moment it’s rightly about protecting the head (except if it Dangers elbow connecting with Nicks head….) but will a time will come when protecting players ribs or kidneys is also necessary?

yeah, it's down to duty of care right? If you can't get the ball, you shouldn't take out the defenceless player in the hole.

Mind you Lynch was telling Alir that he better watch out he put his head in the hole as well.

Reactions: 1 user

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
yeah, it's down to duty of care right? If you can't get the ball, you shouldn't take out the defenceless player in the hole.

Mind you Lynch was telling Alir that he better watch out he put his head in the hole as well.
I dont have an issue if the ball is in play.

With Dixon he was nowhere near the ball and deliberately took Vlastin out and noone said anything.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hard to believe Nick turns 29 soon & is close to playing 200 games.
Been a brilliant defender but I hope he has a really clear run at it this season because our backline is so much better when he's fit & in form.
Need him on the park & at his best.

Reactions: 7 users