Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
I missed the game but noticed that Vlastuin racked up 20 possies and laid 5 tackles in his second game. Not a bad second game against a flag contender?

Sorry, would have posted this on the Vlastuin thread but cannot find it anywhere!

So what did folk make of Jaws' game?

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Re: A positive

McBean's performance for Coburg.
Out did golden boy Daniher.

He will be a great player for us.

Foley not far off selection.

Now if only we could get rid of the cheating umpires.

Hungry

Mar 18, 2003

Right on Smasha - Love your positivity. McBean exciting but needs a couple of years. He would break at AFL level.

Hate to say it but JD looks good and will be handful in years to come.

But definitely interested in thoughts on the mighty Vlas - how did he cope in a high intensity game?

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

Vlastuin has certainly changed my opinion of him pre-draft. Has slotted into the midfield nicely. Love the play when he won the ball near the boundary and spotted King with a 20m kick instead of bombing it to square, 10 other blokes in our team wouldn't of had the poise to execute that kick.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Hungry said:
McBean exciting but needs a couple of years. He would break at AFL level.

I'm not saying we should necessarily rush him in.
I'm not saying he's built like Plugger
But I really can't abide this attitude. Plenty of players start skinny. Some are ready when the are skinny, some are not. Lets keep an open mind, as I'm sure the match committee is.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006

IrockZ said:
Vlastuin has certainly changed my opinion of him pre-draft. Has slotted into the midfield nicely. Love the play when he won the ball near the boundary and spotted King with a 20m kick instead of bombing it to square, 10 other blokes in our team wouldn't of had the poise to execute that kick.

He look's good doesn't he?

Hungry

Mar 18, 2003

tigersnake said:
But I really can't abide this attitude. Plenty of players start skinny. Some are ready when the are skinny, some are not. Lets keep an open mind, as I'm sure the match committee is.

Fair enough - he's probably already beefier than David Bourke ever was, and Fletcher could hide behind a goal post in his first year.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Hungry said:
Fair enough - he's probably already beefier than David Bourke ever was, and Fletcher could hide behind a goal post in his first year.

Yep, when Paul Salmon kicked 60 goals in 10 games as a 17 yo he had to run around in the shower to get wet. And backmen got away with more back then.

Magic Maric

Tiger Rookie
Aug 4, 2012
Tasmania
Re: A positive - Vlastuin?

I was impressed with Vlastuin on Saturday night. He used the ball well and his tackling was solid. If a few more of our players had Vlastuin's skills we would be a better team. Vlastuin will get better at running out games the more he plays and should find more of the ball, as he gets more comfortable at AFL level. Vlastuin improved from his first game against Fremantle though which is a postive.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Struggled to get from play to play.

Needs to learn which ones he can realistically make it to.

Is also learning about his team mates.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006

Carter said:
Struggled to get from play to play.

Needs to learn which ones he can realistically make it to.

Exactly the same issue Dangerfield was having in the early days, I think we need to be patient with Vlas, these things take time.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon

I liked his work in the middle a couple of times, got first hands on the ball.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

Was good but was put in at centre clearances too much and asked to do to much. Another sign of poor midfield depth.

Arghoslent

Tiger Rookie
Mar 3, 2013

tigersnake said:

Agree. Think we should and will see him in the seniors a lot sooner than was initially anticipated by many. Tipping this kid will take the football world by storm and surprise if not stun everyone.

Might even cause Gerard Healy to emerge from in between Nick Natanui's thighs and take a breath for a few seconds.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Loved his work in the middle in short bursts only. I would like Dimma to play him off half back at least for this season. He has the poise and foot skills to help our back line.

Arghoslent

Tiger Rookie
Mar 3, 2013

Smoking Aces said:
Loved his work in the middle in short bursts only. I would like Dimma to play him off half back at least for this season. He has the poise and foot skills to help our back line.

Agree.

Kid reminds me of Voss and it's not just the hair or build. Forgive the hyperbole but I seriously believe he & McBean alone could possibly make this one the great drafts by any (non-expansion) side club drafting began.