Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Re: A positive - Vlastuin?

Arghoslent said:
Agree.

Kid reminds me of Voss and it's not just the hair or build. Forgive the hyperbole but I seriously believe he & McBean alone could possibly make this one the great drafts by any (non-expansion) side club drafting began.

:hihi This is taking flower sniffing to the next level.

Arghoslent

Tiger Rookie
Mar 3, 2013

bullus_hit said:
:hihi This is taking flower sniffing to the next level.

Guilty as charged. Something I rarely even get accused of but I am genuinely extremely excited by these two.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003

Appreciate the feedback, sounds encouraging.

I'm just so glad we're drafting blokes with some grunt and skill. Have been in short supply over the years at Tigerland.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Vlastuin's got two things that it's always nice to see in a young footballer: a mature body and a football brain.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007

The most annoying thing was watching floss start behind the umpire at the centre bounce and watching Kelly hold his left arm to retard him getting to the contest and when he dragged kelly along kelly would fall into his back - no free at all of course. The cheating experience of kelly robbed me of watching floss get fair access to the contest and I detest Kelly for that.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006

These injuries could be a blessing in disguise. ;)

PBoRSM

How many kids do I have??
Jun 11, 2004

GEDS1 said:
The most annoying thing was watching floss start behind the umpire at the centre bounce and watching Kelly hold his left arm to retard him getting to the contest and when he dragged kelly along kelly would fall into his back - no free at all of course. The cheating experience of kelly robbed me of watching floss get fair access to the contest and I detest Kelly for that.

Good lesson for the kid. Gotta learn you won't get by on just skill, smarts and fitness.

You need desparation (although I already see that in him) and cunning. Call it cheating if you like, but Ryan Crowley has turned himself into a very good asset at Freo simply by bending the rules to almost breaking point, but not quite.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003

Funny, 10 years ago if a second gamer notched up 20 touches & five tackles this board would have burst with excitement - we were so desperate for good young players coming through.

Shows how we have turned it around - still a way to go but definitely looking up.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Arghoslent said:
Guilty as charged. Something I rarely even get accused of but I am genuinely extremely excited by these two.

You have every right to be Arg. Both showing great early signs.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

13 kicks 10 hand balls 11 marks 1 goal

Rising star nomination?

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

No tank?

Seemed to be involved all 4 quarters.

snaps truly

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2008
Hobart

he looked more like a link up player today than a getter, shows his tank is improving

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009

This guy along with Ellis and Conca are all going to be guns.

We have nailed all our 1st round selections since Riewoldt.

Vickery will eventually come good.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Smoking Aces said:
13 kicks 10 hand balls 11 marks 1 goal

Rising star nomination?
Very pleased with his draft selection and yes should get the Rising Star this week.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009

How poised is he and how's his penetration by foot for an inside midfielder. :eek: