Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Absolute superstar. Integral part of the greatest backline I’ve ever seen. Should have had a AA or two.

Fantastic result.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Very happy to see Nick play out his career at Richmond.

But anyone else have concerns about risk of concussion ending his career early? I might be wrong but my perception is that he has had a few.

(not wanting to take anything away from this good news)
.luv the guy & his football ...i thought the danger hit was his fifth/more concussion...apologies if wrong.
.if so absolute madness...is early forced retirement part of salary cap?

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Long deal, likely took unders as Dimma intimated.

The long deal could also indicate he is being considered as Captain. I think he would be a good captain and would prefer to see a player who can captain for a few years rather than a year or two in the twilight of their career.

Rapt to see him re-signed, salt of the Earth defender, under-rated but such a valuable player.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
What a great bunch of young men we have at Punt rd , pretty much all taking less to stay part of the Club, others have left for opportunity and that’s fair enough, I think Brando is the only one who left for coin

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
What a great bunch of young men we have at Punt rd , pretty much all taking less to stay part of the Club, others have left for opportunity and that’s fair enough, I think Brando is the only one who left for coin
.... coin ..... but security mainly I reckon
Brando was probably not a certain starter if he’d stayed
It was win-win for him and the club and good on him

But having Vlaustin confirmed for the 5 years is fantastic

Reactions: 1 user