Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wednesday will be all telling but Nick was moving well today and kicking the ball as required in the drills, no-one was bombing the ball today it was pretty ball movement and 40 meter passes.
**I will reserve my almost certain to play comment as I have just seen what @theglove3 alerted me to that Tigga was experiencing issues when kicking over 30 nmetres, (Wednesday will be an important day):

Vlastuin had surgery on his cartilage on his right knee after he was subbed off against Carlton in round one. He has trained strongly in terms of running over the past week but kicking has been issue. He has complained of soreness when he kicks more than 30 metres. The Tigers said on Monday he still needed to “tick off a couple of boxes”.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He's no Tom Stewart.
A commentator (not sure if Brayshaw or Darcy) kept saying multiple AA during the Syd-Gee match and Stewart had the ball. They kept gushing over him.

He basically runs around without an opponent collecting SC points.

The AA criteria must be heavily weighed in favour of meaningless stats. The worst thing is the panel is mainly x-footballers who should know better.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
No point me doing a training report today as it was a total Tigga watch for me, the good news is that he completed full training and was kicking pretty well and over distance.
Only reason he wouldn't play is if he pulls up sore.
**DTLD did very little today, hopefully just putting him in cotton wool as precaution due to the loss of Grimes.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yeah poor bloke has come back in and had a mare, has looked so slow and off the pace.

Will get back to his best, nothing to worry about.
Had Grimes been right to play, Nick may have had another week to recover or been able to ease himself into the game a little more.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Missing weeks, Grimes out, and then has to be the third option that we try on a much taller Cameron.

Said it would be a tough game to come back into, and it was.

He’s a superstar. Will hit back and hit back hard. Guaranteed.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He needs to find form.
Very patchy at the moment.
The kick out of bounds in the last minute wasn't the big V i love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He's Rusty he hasn't played much since the GF to be honest.

Not reading the play as he normally does and has found himself at 6's and 7's a few times understandably.

He's such a key to the side and we need him up to speed playing his best footy.

Of interest apart from Baker and Broad, all of our defenders have been off par this season in reality.

Noah's been shaky and been touched up a few times. Dave seems to be off the pace also. Grimes too has also started somewhat slowly by his standards. Bashar has had nearly no pre season, and Short whilst getting plenty of stats over the first 4-5 weeks was not impacting games the way he has previously.

Nick will come good pretty quick, lads just lacking match fitness and touch thats all.

Reactions: 5 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Someone has abducted the real nick vlastuin. We need him back

Reactions: 1 user