night series - vfl park days | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

night series - vfl park days

langers1971

Tiger Cub
Mar 4, 2008
i have asked on here before about old home and away games from the 1980's, now i turn my attention to the old night series played at vfl park on a tuesday night (mostly) and televised on channel 7 - the home of football :)

Does anyone have any old night series games from this era 1980-1989, floating around on an old tape at all, if so, i would love to hear from you.

cheers

JB11

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2012
langers1971 said:
i have asked on here before about old home and away games from the 1980's, now i turn my attention to the old night series played at vfl park on a tuesday night (mostly) and televised on channel 7 - the home of football :)

Does anyone have any old night series games from this era 1980-1989, floating around on an old tape at all, if so, i would love to hear from you.

cheers

I might have a few in storage, will look tomorrow for you

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tony Greenberg has an article in the RFC website remembering the 1993 Foster's Cup series we played 20 years ago and how we succeeded to the Cup GF against the Bummers.

I'll never forget how exciting that time was with every Tiger supporter living in high hopes that Swooper would become our next premiership coach.

Biggest false dawn ever. ;D

That Foster's Cup GF was total mayhem with a huge 75,000+ record crowd wanting to get into Waverley, the roads all chock-a-block. Crazy.

Up until now, this is the one game I am desperate to see again and wish Ch 7 could show it.

I like how he ends the article mentioning that the Bummers won the GF that year and we just had 4 wins for the season under Swooper's 1st year, HOWEVER, we had this lanky kid running around the 2nds called Matthew Richardson....who?? ;D

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
1993 doesn't exist. We had 1992, then we went straight onto 1994, then of course 1995. But 1993? Never heard of it.