No.1 Ticket Holder | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

No.1 Ticket Holder

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Wondering who the No.1 ticket holder is at RFC.
The only reference I have been able to find was for way back in 2013.
Then it was someone called Ken Grenda as the male No.1 and Evelyn Danos as the female No.1
Pardon my ignorance, but I have never heard of either of them, albeit they were both nominated by the club for those positions.
They must have been regarded as worthy of that honour, so be it.
Are they still holding those titles.
If not, would not someone like, say Rhett Bartlett, out club historian, or Ash Barty be worthy contenders?
How often and when does these honours be bestowed?
Waiting to be enlightened.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Then it was someone called Ken Grenda as the male No.1 and Evelyn Danos as the female No.1
Pardon my ignorance, but I have never heard of either of them, albeit they were both nominated by the club for those positions.
If not, would not someone like, say Rhett Bartlett, out club historian, or Ash Barty be worthy contenders?
I think Evelyn Danos may be on the board. I'm pretty sure the Danos' are related to the late David Mandie.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Found this but don't know when it was published.
Says the Tigers don't currently have one.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
After dealing with George Pell as our #1 Ticket Holder, I think we can scrap the whole concept.

(Will miss L2R2R coming in right about now to defend Pell and claim his charges were just a left wing cancel culture woke conspiracy)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
After dealing with George Pell as our #1 Ticket Holder, I think we can scrap the whole concept.

(Will miss L2R2R coming in right about now to defend Pell and claim his charges were just a left wing cancel culture woke conspiracy)
I think George Pell was a Patron, not No 1 Ticket holder.
Or are they the same thing?

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
On Wikipedia, it has Mick Malloy, Ash Barty (AFLW)

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
No idea, but Google does bring up references to Pell as our #1 ticket holder
when I Googled, most mentioned him as Vice-Patron. The only link I saw with him as No 1 Ticket Holder was a Big Footy thread where one bloke wanted the OP to change the title because it was "factually incorrect". He said that at that time (2019) an Edward Dunstan was No 1 Ticket Holder

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
when I Googled, most mentioned him as Vice-Patron. The only link I saw with him as No 1 Ticket Holder was a Big Footy thread where one bloke wanted the OP to change the title because it was "factually incorrect". He said that at that time (2019) an Edward Dunstan was No 1 Ticket Holder
yeah, looks right.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

Ken Grenda owned Grenda Bus services out Dandenong way, I think they were bought out by Ventura a few years ago. He was a massive Tigers fan & benefactor

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ken Grenda owned Grenda Bus services out Dandenong way, I think they were bought out by Ventura a few years ago. He was a massive Tigers fan & benefactor
Yep, He was made a life member at an AGM I attended a few years ago, cant remember if it was posthumously or not

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Pretty low trying to score points against someone who's recently passed away.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Excuse me? I genuinely miss L2R2R and enjoyed writing posts that I knew would get a response. You can sit back in your anti-vaxxer corner and shut the *smile* up if you don't mind.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Geez....my old memories of administering the Bus Industry Superannuation Scheme at NM yonks ago.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I'm sure you've misread the intention of that post.

FWIW I wasn't even aware L2R2R was a Pell defender - and I am as much a Pell hater as anyone on the planet.
But I don't think any different about L2R2R by knowing that.

I never knew him - but I often think of L2R2R and miss reading his amazing footy stats here.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Who's the No. 2 ticket holder? Is there a top 10?

The term "club ambassador" makes more sense, "No. 1 Ticket Holder" sounds antiquated now that tickets aren't a physical object that people line up for, assuming that's where it came from.

Now the No. Ticket Holder can buy their ticket online with the rest of us, so half the row is taken before you've selected your seat. Your browser doesn't load, you open the mobile site, you time out, and by the time you get your ticket you're seated closer to Bendigo than the MCG. And if you enter your email address incorrectly, that No. 1 ticket gets lost in the clouds.

• Haha

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
There's no love lost between Baloo and myself but I think that's very unfair of you Harry.

Clearly said in affection for the way Lee would post his strong opinions and coming from a place of remembrance, not antagonism.
George Pell is a sensitive topic and making such a comment against someone not here to defend himself I find inappropriate.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
That's right. I worked for Volgren, the bus manufacturer owned by Grenda.
Ken is a lovely fella and a very passionate Tiger fan.
Amiable and generous though he can afford to be as owning a bus company is a licence to print State money.
I understand he and his sons were very generous to their staff when they sold Grenda buses and Volgren to Ventura and to a Brazilian manufacturer.
Unfortunately I'd left already.

I suspect the #1 ticketholder is used as a thank you to long term benefactors or to very well known people.

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006

Guy was innocent of charges stop peddling your biases

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users