Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Who'd be a defender in this era?

Dixon uses his strength to win a contest - goal or shot at goal.

Balta uses his strength to win a contest - free kick to dixon. Twice!

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Noah went okay tonight. Good effort under heaps of pressure. Needs to go to the flanks rather than corridor whem handballing under pressure. Grimes always does this. Learning curve.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Lowered his colours a bit last night, but nothing to be concerned about. Never gave up, and has plenty of development ahead of him.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dixon is a unique beast in the AFL his just so *smile* big , thought Balta did Ok , thing I like most is he kept competing , even when he backed himself and flew for a mark when Vlastuin had it covered , if his body stays sound I think we have a beauty and about as close as you could possibly hope for as a replacement for Rance.

I was a little surprised with the speed and agility of Dixon. Thought Noah would have had him for both in that area.
When Dixon was running past players on the boundary line holding the ball like Kouta, I couldn’t help but think that Rance would have dacked him

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I was a little surprised with the speed and agility of Dixon. Thought Noah would have had him for both in that area.
When Dixon was running past players on the boundary line holding the ball like Kouta, I couldn’t help but think that Rance would have dacked him
other then injuries the biggest issue with Dixon has been he just doesn’t quite hold his marks , rarely has anybody out markEd him in a pack, has talent

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Part of the learning curve for Noah, will be better for it and we can be sure leppa will be straight onto it

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Part of the learning curve for Noah, will be better for it and we can be sure leppa will be straight onto it
And you can sometimes learn more from a loss than a win. Plenty for Leppa to work with there. Hipwood was noticeably better last night without having to deal with our defence.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Balta tried but his experience showed against a very experienced big man who has been around a while. Noah never stopped trying and will learn so much from yesterday so will be the better player for it. Can't knock him

Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The good thing is so many saying he kept trying, kept putting in when he was having trouble with a very difficult opponent. Very good signs.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
3rd year novice against at in form veteran

Did well enough

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Who'd be a defender in this era?

Dixon uses his strength to win a contest - goal or shot at goal.

Balta uses his strength to win a contest - free kick to dixon. Twice!

I assume one of the two was when Balta held his ground with Dixon in front. It was good play except Balta didn't contest for the ball. All he needed to do was raise his hands at the ball but didn't. Free kick to Dixon. Something for Balta to learn and play it better next time.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I assume one of the two was when Balta held his ground with Dixon in front. It was good play except Balta didn't contest for the ball. All he needed to do was raise his hands at the ball but didn't. Free kick to Dixon. Something for Balta to learn and play it better next time.
Yep something for him and Leppa to work on. Out positioned dixon a couple of times well but needs to make sure he contests for the ball in the process.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Balta hates losing- doesn’t shrug it off but seems to get angry. That will keep fueling his desire to get better I recon

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Going to be interesting how the back half sets up when DTLD returns, no doubt if DTLD was out on the park with Balta he would be giving him great on the spot education, however in saying that I think is been awesome to let the young colt have his head and be the only big fella down back, like what the polar opposite pillars will offer going forward

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
At the risk of opening a pandoras box full of worms,

Is it possible that Leppa creates Notorius in his own image?

and he becomes the ultimate CHB/CHF swingman?

Its an old fashion, but very potent weapon.

Reactions: 5 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Is there now a risk he’ll start running out of gas due to turnarounds and workload... would be tough on both spectrum ends ... veterans at the older end and relative 1sts newbies...