Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
This might be the needed drop off in form in his career that every player has on their way to greatness. If he's getting best, it just means he has more to learn. He'll learn it, and we'll be better for it.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
His brain fade almost cost us the win.
It cost us against port.
He must know the umpires will penalise him if he does anything untoward.
Not in good form

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Bring in CCJ at the expense of Astbury and station Balta permanently in defence.

• Wow

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
Interesting to hear Dimma say tonight that he loves Balta's flexibility, but he knows it's not good for Noah's game.

Hope we settle down and leave him down back. He's still learning his craft. Many clubs screwe up the development of a player by moving them around too much. I hope we don't.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bring in CCJ at the expense of Astbury and station Balta permanently in defence.

I'm wondering the same. It would be harsh on Astbury as he's been playing well and was very good on Himmelberg tonight but for team balance it feels right. Balta looked lost playing up the ground in that 2nd ruck position, they switched him back 2nd half at the expense of Vlastuin who played a bit higher up the ground, but for team balance maybe what you suggest may be the best scenario.

Balta is a key back for me. If we want a 2nd ruck, we need to find a way to balance the team to bring CCJ in.

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
Not great but I need to watch again to see if he did a number on Hogan in the second half
Wasn't at the game, but one of the commentators post match said it was Astbury, who had taken over from Broad as Broad was too short. If so, wtf. Broad never competes well with taller players.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wasn't at the game, but one of the commentators post match said it was Astbury, who had taken over from Broad as Broad was too short. If so, wtf. Broad never competes well with taller players.
Broad was cut up by Hogan in that first half. Not sure what happened after that but I thought I saw Astbury on Himmelberg quite alot. Himmelberg was invisible all night.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Balta needs to be settled down back, until we have got a replacement for him. I'd like to eventually see him play forward as his career evolves. Would be a good replacement for Jack.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Mistakes often occurred when trying to be too precise, 'cute'..Much rather he take 1st, often longer option..Use his strengths...

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Not a great year by the ArkMan.
Definitely unsettled with going into ruck and pinch hitting up forward.
Will continue as long as Beavis refuses to promote Cujo.
Also ArkMan has been very undisciplined lately.
Did it last year as well.
If he wants to push over someone and give away a free or a 50 he will do it.
Just can't stop himself.
I rate him but I no longer think he is this swingman that many touted can play a multitude of positions. (Me included.)
Keep him in defence Dimma and tell him to use some common sense.
And please bring Cujo in otherwise you will wear Nank out.
He is our most important player.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
To be fair 3 out 4 goals Hogan kicked they we're pin point delivery to him not much anyone could do.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Broad was cut up by Hogan in that first half. Not sure what happened after that but I thought I saw Astbury on Himmelberg quite alot. Himmelberg was invisible all night.

Yeah it was Dave on Himmelberg. I think Grimes went to Hogan and Balta played the intercept role. Broad I think went to Greene and kept him pretty quiet

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Absolutely outstanding, considering how often the ball was coming into our backline. Towelled Daniher.

Reactions: 3 users