Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Been good the past few weeks. Not tonight.
I notice his first few metres is slow. Better suited when the ball comes in deep and allows him to get in the right spot.
This is where Rance excelled. Closing speed unbelievable.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Played from behind from the first minute.
Broad kept Ryan quite and Grimes was doing a job on Darling.
But those 2 goals in the first qtr had his tail up.
The only time Kennedy didn't look dangerous was when Grimes went to him.
The goal in the first 30 seconds to Kennedy in the 3rd proved Balta was the wrong match up.
He was very ordinary tonight

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Too many goals against us came from turnovers, very hard to stop a leading forward after a turnover when the ball is coming back while you have been setting up to go forward. Not sure anyone has a chance when that happens.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I notice his first few metres is slow. Better suited when the ball comes in deep and allows him to get in the right spot.
This is where Rance excelled. Closing speed unbelievable.
Yeah I thought Balta clocked the fastest time last year? Old man Kennedy beat him easily on the lead all game

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yeah I thought Balta clocked the fastest time last year? Old man Kennedy beat him easily on the lead all game
Not always about pure speed , Kennedy like Jack a bloody good at getting their opponents of balance at the moment they lead .
I thought Balta was ok , just a few too many non pressured deliveries coming inside 50

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Not always about pure speed , Kennedy like Jack a bloody good at getting their opponents of balance at the moment they lead .
I thought Balta was ok , just a few too many non pressured deliveries coming inside 50
This.

Kennedy is so crafty, a genuine quality forward.

One stage they showed him grimacing, twisting his body, playing for a free and trying to pin Noah's arm against his body!
Noah didn't even make contact with him and he propelled his body forward which would normally work at Optus.

Cunning old fox.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
This.

Kennedy is so crafty, a genuine quality forward.

One stage they showed him grimacing, twisting his body, playing for a free and trying to pin Noah's arm against his body!
Noah didn't even make contact with him and he propelled his body forward which would normally work at Optus.

Cunning old fox.
I saw that, he’s a gun

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I was sitting east end forward pocket, just above the position where Kennedy took the diving mark and kicked truely from a tight angle.
Balta was wringing about a hold, it never showed up in the replay.
What I can say is that I clearly saw Balta's naval from down the neck of his jumper, this was the biggest jumper pull to ever go unnoticed. It was so early he never stood a chance, and from that moment forward never went back within a meter of Kennedy.
Kennedy played a blinder.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
very good work from Kennedy and Balta will learn from it , but with someone like Kennedy in that sort of form , you have to negate him but cutting off supply

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Balta needs to be reminded that you can't switch off, even for a split second. Is starting to happen too often, and his reaction time to make up the distance isn't quick enough. Has good closing speed once he's moving, but it's his initial reaction time where he doesn't come close to Rance by comparison.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Media reaction would have been very different if was Jack who claimed a dropped mark from a six-metre pass!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Worst part is Balta fumbled the ball badly twice before being bowled over and potentially doing his knee.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Does Noah have problems with his eyesight? Ran under flight of the ball a lot and constantly fumbled
Hope his injury isn’t serious