Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yep j
Just read that Hardwick thinks ACL. I reckon the docs usually get it right.
Just saw picture in Herald Sun. Saints player's body weight is on Balta's lower leg turning it sideways and knee is still straight. That's exactly how I did an ACL in the mud. Likely not good.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Shattered for the bloke. Won't see much of him next year either, most likely.

On the sight thing, I can tell you being shortsighted makes night games hard. Ask Benny Gale.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Pretty devastating given his ability and importance. Shut him down and get him back 100%.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Shattered for the bloke. Won't see much of him next year either, most likely.

On the sight thing, I can tell you being shortsighted makes night games hard. Ask Benny Gale.

Surely he wears contacts though? I'm short sighted and wear contacts and have no issues.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Surely he wears contacts though? I'm short sighted and wear contacts and have no issues.
Of course he'd wear contacts, but night time is still harder to judge ball flight for me, and it looks like for Noah as well. He might want to look at laser surgery.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
From RFC website...

Richmond defender Noah Balta is yet to have scans after being subbed out of Friday night's loss to St Kilda.

It appears Balta's knee is better than first thought, but he has suffered a significant ankle syndesmosis injury which will require surgery.

He will have scans on both ankle and knee to confirm clinical findings.

The Club will provide a further update once those findings are confirmed.
Richmond defender Noah Balta is yet to have scans after being subbed out of Friday night's loss to St Kilda.

It appears Balta's knee is better than first thought, but he has suffered a significant ankle syndesmosis injury which will require surgery.

He will have scans on both ankle and knee to confirm clinical findings.

The Club will provide a further update once those findings are confirmed.

Feb 25, 2007
Jack Riewoldt (special comments on pies v freo) saying Balta has a syndesmosis injury and not an ACL, commentators on fox footy saying that's great news for balta as they were fearing the worst.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jack Riewoldt (special comments on pies v freo) saying Balta has a syndesmosis injury and not an ACL, commentators on fox footy saying that's great news for balta as they were fearing the worst.
Yeah I heard Jack and was glad it wasn't an ACL. F*ck this season, as long as Balta's back for 2022 is more important.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Great Great News !!

So glad to hear it is not a ACL, Ive no doubt he could possibly have a medial or lateral injury of sorts due to that sheering twisting mechanism on the knee which is also the very mechanism that tears the syndesmosis ligaments supporting the joint of the Tibia and Fibula at the ankle.

Sounds like a rupture of the syndesmosis ligaments and associated separation of the Tib Fib for Noah.

Serious syndesmosis injuries resulting under heavy force / mechanism can lead to fracture and even compound fracture often seen in road trauma or falls from heights.

A nasty injury but a better result for him long term than an ACL.

If it means we get Noah back for Pre Season 2022 that in itself is great news.

Nathan might yet still return if his is not as bad , but we will find out.

If the season is going down the toilet and they are up against it probably better to let them both rehab fully and have them both fit and focussed for 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users