Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Whilst i DO KNOW MOST WILL DISAGREE

I still believe Noah Balta would become a powerful FF if given the time to play that position in time and is out best option post Riewoldt/Lynch.

Fraser Gherig was 25 years old when he went to St Kilda and started played his best years as a foward
but thats just my opinion

Reactions: 5 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
We haven’t traded a player of Noah’s potential since Billy Barrot. No chance he gets traded.
Fix up his eye sight issue and we will have another Royce.
Chalk and cheese comparison as #24 Barrot had already secured his legendary status by fulfilling his potential at Tigerland.

There was more to the astute swap with StKilda for Ian Stewart that was a clear win for the Tigers by a canny Graeme Richmond.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

I still believe Noah Balta would become a powerful FF if given the time to play that position in time and is out best option post Riewoldt/Lynch.

Fraser Gherig was 25 years old when he went to St Kilda and started played his best years as a foward
Definitely be an interesting option. The old P Train could play a bit.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021

I think its no secret the club would like him to be a swing man
he showed a bit in the game V Hawks in Davenport last year that was a fund raiser for the jumping castle tragedy , but it was a lower insitity game

I also saw him rotate thru FF in an Etihad game in 2019 , but he looked a bit lost that was very early days

We've seen enough to know he has the potential to be an explosive tall forward or attacking tall back

I do have doubts about is part time rucking worth thou but even that might just need more time

I guess we'll know more of the clubs intentions when we get to match simulation at training

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Im not a fan of Rucking Balta

He is a big heavy man that has leap and is not a Ruckman there is way too much scope for major knee/leg injuries

Reactions: 4 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

I see Balta becoming a forward as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There's so many eggs in the Balta basket that I feel the need to discuss.
Early days people said he'd be the next Rance but the key difference is Rancey improved. A lot.
Noah has stagnated, maybe even gone backwards since the 2020 flag.

After a failed forward experiment, his extremely poor defensive performance in the final against Brisbane last year has me a tad concerned.
I'm not saying he's a bust far from it but I think the time for singing his praises glowingly without critical analysis is over & expectations should be tempered.
This (contract) year shapes as a huge one for him & us.. Fingers crossed we get his best & his 'raw talent' starts to blossom into him being a solid & consistent footballer.

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Balta is the same age as Rance was coming into 2013. Reckon you could find plenty of 'trade/delist Rance' posts in 2012.

Reactions: 5 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
I still have faith that he turns into an absolute gun.

Reactions: 2 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I think its no secret the club would like him to be a swing man
he showed a bit in the game V Hawks in Davenport last year that was a fund raiser for the jumping castle tragedy , but it was a lower insitity game

I also saw him rotate thru FF in an Etihad game in 2019 , but he looked a bit lost that was very early days

We've seen enough to know he has the potential to be an explosive tall forward or attacking tall back

I do have doubts about is part time rucking worth thou but even that might just need more time

I guess we'll know more of the clubs intentions when we get to match simulation at training
I think it was a finals against Brisbane where he looked very dangerous swinging forward when Hardwick was looking for something different. He got invloved a few times took a mark but unfortunately couldn't land a goal. There's something there worth pinch hitting with.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Fwd experiment seemed to dent his confidence
I feel for Balta, we almost wasted a year with him last year.

He’s a key back, potentially a great one. Let’s settle him down back, give him big assignments but tell him we expect you to get involved on the rebound. Imagine his thumping kick on the run from behind centre putting it right to the hotspot before the bad guys get back. Straight ahead footballer.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Noah aint a natural footballer.

He needs his footy simplified.

Run Jump, Spoil !!

He is fantastic when left to do that.

Keep it simple for him.

Then he will flourish.

Reactions: 8 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I must be the only person here that see's the potential Balta has as a foward

Sure it didnt work last year but i think thats also got alot to do with the way we used him and the way the ball was delivered to him with Lynch/Jack in the team

3rd tall is not an easy role when you have 2 gun fowards like Jack/Lynch