Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Or going typically cheer squad hysterical if the suggestion is made someone or something at Richmond needs to improve….
What about saying "I don't think he was as bad as you do"?

Not sure how many of you have played full-back (I know you haven't Red, you're too short to play rover), but it's the toughest position on the ground. And McKay is one of the best full-forwards in the land. Yeah, he gave Noah a bit of a touch-up. But he kicked one goal.

It's a discussion, different opinions are fine. People need to stop being so sensitive when someone disagrees with them.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What about saying "I don't think he was as bad as you do"?

Not sure how many of you have played full-back (I know you haven't Red, you're too short to play rover), but it's the toughest position on the ground. And McKay is one of the best full-forwards in the land. Yeah, he gave Noah a bit of a touch-up. But he kicked one goal.

It's a discussion, different opinions are fine. People need to stop being so sensitive when someone disagrees with them.
That’s fine. But that’s not what’s been thrown around, and you know it as spook pointed out.

Toughest position on the ground ? Small forward and CHF are much tougher. Maybe you need to change over those Elton John glasses scoop. And if you played FB, you’d have been a medium sized fat one Elton.

No need to wet the bed over a number of posters simply suggesting that he has room for improvement. He probably will, who knows but as spook pointed out, the RCG mentality is up and running big time at the moment. Another example is the Taranto thread where people got upset at Cornes’ suggestion he’d need to improve on his 56% kicking efficiency.

Even Tim himself would wanna improve on that.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
That’s fine. But that’s not what’s been thrown around and you know it as spook pointed out.

Toughest position on the ground ? Small forward and CHF are much tougher. Maybe you need to change over those Elton John glasses scoop. And if you played CHB, you’d have been a medium sized fat one Elton.

No need to wet the bed over a number of posters simply suggesting that he has room for improvement. He probably will, who knows but as spook pointed out, the RCG mentality is up and running big time at the moment. Another example is the Taranto thread where people got upset at Cornes’ suggestion he’d need to improve on his 56% kicking efficiency.

I played mainly CHF, it might be tougher than FB for untalented types but it was my favourite position because it's a creative, attacking one. It's definitely where the best players play. But I hated playing fullback. You would never have played either, and you're only saying small forward is tough because along with back pocket it's the only spot they'd let you on the field. And only then if the Magoos were short, and the under-17s had gone home.

I never weighed more than 90kg while playing, which is heavy for a midget like you but pretty standard for us athletic talls.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I played mainly CHF, it might be tougher than FB for untalented types but it was my favourite position because it's a creative, attacking one. It's definitely where the best players play. But I hated playing fullback. You would never have played either, and you're only saying small forward is tough because along with back pocket it's the only spot they'd let you on the field. And only then if the Magoos were short, and the under-17s had gone home.

I never weighed more than 90kg while playing, which is heavy for a midget like you but pretty standard for us athletic talls.
Hmmm. Not quite. Kicked 7 at CHF in a Teal Cup trial game. But none of that matters Elton.

Looking at the Caviar London photos, appears even jbdumbo3 is as tall as you and he’s not that tall. You must have played in some pretty low level leagues - low being the word ie small.

Shrunk ? It happens at your age.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Hmmm. Not quite. Kicked 7 at CHF in a Teal Cup trial game. But none of that matters Elton.

Looking at the Caviar London photos, appears even jbdumbo3 is as tall as you and he’s not that tall. You must have played in some pretty low level leagues - low being the word ie small.

Shrunk ? It happens at your age.
Lol. Can you remember when you were my age?

I guess Darrel Baldock played CHF, and he was only 179cm. But that's still taller than you.

Funny, I went for a check-up last year and they measured me at 192cm. I've always been 190.5 - exactly 6'3. So it looks like I've grown - turk will be thrilled!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lol. Can you remember when you were my age?

I guess Darrel Baldock played CHF, and he was only 179cm. But that's still taller than you.

Funny, I went for a check-up last year and they measured me at 192cm. I've always been 190.5 - exactly 6'3. So it looks like I've grown - turk will be thrilled!
We would need carbon testing to work out your age.

You were wearing your stilettos again, clearly.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
That’s fine. But that’s not what’s been thrown around, and you know it as spook pointed out.

Toughest position on the ground ? Small forward and CHF are much tougher. Maybe you need to change over those Elton John glasses scoop. And if you played FB, you’d have been a medium sized fat one Elton.

How many times did old Grandpa here get Scoop's name wrong.... Bahaha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How many times did old Grandpa here get Scoop's name wrong.... Bahaha
That’s a ‘play’ from another thread and exchange where people were getting the 2 mixed up.

Ffs. Keep up old fella. Geez. Whaaargh haargh haargh…ole Nobets does it again !!!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Already a premiership player, Balta turns 24 this year. He can't ride on potential forever. We need him to be THE guy for when Tarrant & Grimes retire.
He is going to be out of contract this season & no doubt will be looking to get paid.
I just want to see his game improve. Right now that's not happening & hasn't for a while now. It's absolutely fair that he be put under the blow torch a little.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Already a premiership player, Balta turnss 24 this year. He can't ride on potential forever. We need him to be THE guy for when Tarrant & Grimes retire.
He is going to be out of contract this season & no doubt will be looking to get paid. i just want to see his game improve. Right now that's not happening & hasn't for a while now. It's absolutely fair that he be put under the blow torch a little.
Spot on Tigers of Very Old. Was thinking the same. We need Noah to be the man down back. Dylan is 32 this year. Tarrant 34. Broadie 30 from memory. We’re not gonna see too many more 2017 efforts from Dylan like we did on Thursday where he did a total number on Curnow so we need Noah to be that player he demonstrated a couple of years ago. Personally, and not withstanding the mids prevented a lot of entries, don’t think we can have the likes of McKay marking it up the ground all the time and pumping it into the likes of a Curnow and expecting the same outcome or result that we got on Thursday.

Noah and Young at their best offers comfort for years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I agree his a premiership player expect alot better from him , but let's see how the season pans out we're his back at home in defence.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

The critics werent suggesting there was room for improvement. They made it out like he had a dozen goals kicked on him.

• Dislike

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Already a premiership player, Balta turns 24 this year. He can't ride on potential forever. We need him to be THE guy for when Tarrant & Grimes retire.
He is going to be out of contract this season & no doubt will be looking to get paid.
I just want to see his game improve. Right now that's not happening & hasn't for a while now. It's absolutely fair that he be put under the blow torch a little.

The one saving grace for Balta is that he effectively wasted most of 2022 - trained to be a forward but pushed back late when we worked out that wasn't his go. I'm confident he will still make it as a key defender (probably better suited up the ground where he can dash and kick long range goals when pushing forwrad).

I fear we are similarly wasting Miller's 2023 trying to turn him into a key forward / ruck. To me he is also a key defender and his field kicking is exceptional for a tall and his delivery out of the back line would be useful.

Both Balta and Miller can relieve in the ruck. No reason your ruck chop out can't come from defence for a portion of the game, we would just need to re-balance the defence and push a Vlastuin or Broad on to a taller type but if we exert pressure up the ground that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Haha...see below
He wasn’t good. And plenty view it that way for a host of reasons. But anyway, what did he say at the end ?

“He copped a good old fashion hiding, it happens. Not the end of the world but he needs to get better.”

Hardly anything to be wetting your pants over I’d have thought and throwing out “people will look foolish in 3 years time” quips etc etc.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The one saving grace for Balta is that he effectively wasted most of 2022 - trained to be a forward but pushed back late when we worked out that wasn't his go. I'm confident he will still make it as a key defender (probably better suited up the ground where he can dash and kick long range goals when pushing forwrad).

I fear we are similarly wasting Miller's 2023 trying to turn him into a key forward / ruck. To me he is also a key defender and his field kicking is exceptional for a tall and his delivery out of the back line would be useful.

Both Balta and Miller can relieve in the ruck. No reason your ruck chop out can't come from defence for a portion of the game, we would just need to re-balance the defence and push a Vlastuin or Broad on to a taller type but if we exert pressure up the ground that wouldn't be the end of the world.
We’re stuffing Miller around.