Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Certainly hope he is. Was showing good form earlier in the season too before he lost his way.
My main concern is he's been developed as a backman at VFL level & played that role consistently for many weeks. Again though he comes in to replace Chol as a fwd/ruckman. There's mixed messages there IMO for a young player in development. I'm still not sure the MC knows what role he's best in. Just hope he doesn't get lost again.
He played first ruck on the weekend, had about 7 clearances to go with 21 hit-outs and 18 disposals, went forward and kicked 2 goals. He kicked one from just forward of the wing to the goal line for Miller to mark. Have faith, my friend.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
With Nank looking suspect, it was worth a try. Chol output has dropped off, and balta's form has been strong

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Certainly hope he is. Was showing good form earlier in the season too before he lost his way.
My main concern is he's been developed as a backman at VFL level & played that role consistently for many weeks. Again though he comes in to replace Chol as a fwd/ruckman. There's mixed messages there IMO for a young player in development. I'm still not sure the MC knows what role he's best in. Just hope he doesn't get lost again.

Trained with the defenders this morning according to Mitch Clearey.
I’m a little confused!! Thought he was Chol’s replacement

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Trained with the defenders this morning according to Mitch Clearey.
I’m a little confused!! Thought he was Chol’s replacement

Don't know how many times i have to say it Captain's Runs are not training sessions they are a greet the fans exercise, people would expend more energy on their morning walk.
They did 10 minute of circle work, (there was no rucking done at all), just because Noah takes possession of the ball in the back half does not a defender make, think you should have more trust in your own knowledge of our structures than good old Mitch ;)
What Balta will give is options, but he is there as Chols replacement.
Oh and I am sure Mitch had left the building and failed to see Noah having a few shots at goal with the forwards at the end .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Don't know how many times i have to say it Captain's Runs are not training sessions they are a greet the fans exercise, people would expend more energy on their morning walk.
They did 10 minute of circle work, (there was no rucking done at all), just because Noah takes possession of the ball in the back half does not a defender make, think you should have more trust in your own knowledge of our structures than good old Mitch ;)
What Balta will give is options, but he is there as Chols replacement.
Oh and I am sure Mitch had left the building and failed to see Noah having a few shots at goal with the forwards at the end .

That’s a fair spray Caesar.
Just reporting what I read but will rely solely on Caesar Brown in the future!

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I don’t think Garthwaite being brought into the emergencies means Grimes is definitely out...i reckon it just gives them flexibility if Grimes goes down in the warm up.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
That’s a fair spray Caesar.
Just reporting what I read but will rely solely on Caesar Brown in the future!

No spray intended just emphasizing, in a very poor manner, that Captain's Runs are just a stretch of the legs and except for what players turn up nothing can be taken from them.
The rest was just a rant about how Mitch Cleary could glean any positional moves from what he was seeing.
No harm no foul!
Like Brown, I know nothing so good analogy by you.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Richmond vs Brisbane Rd23

Had 5 disposals and 10 hitouts
0 marks
3 kicks
2 handballs
1 behind
1 tackle
2 one percenters

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
week before Chol stats

4 Disposals and 10 hitouts
2 kicks
2 handballs
1 behind
5 tackles
6 one percenters

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Jumped better in the ruck but looks like a big dopey donkey. But put his body in the contest many times which is not Chols thing.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Jumped better in the ruck but looks like a big dopey donkey. But put his body in the contest many times which is not Chols thing.

Its a interesting one.
Both have a little bit of X factor.
Similar stats.

Just depends who we think can have that break out quarter that wins a game.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
49% game time. It's becoming clearer to me that 2nd ruck possie is just buying time until Nanks comes back. I'm suspecting a Soldo/Nanks ruck combination.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He wasn't great, but i thought he was ok, in what was his first game in 10 weeks. Ten hit out and 3 clearances, which is 3 more clearances than what Chol got in his last 3 games.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Didn’t really set the world on fire ,

Seems to me chol is a bit more silky , Balta is more bull like ,

But you would like both to get a bit more of it

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Couldn't bring his VFL form to the big stage
May as well go back to Chol

Reactions: 1 user