Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
in fairness, beside against Richo at Waverly in 96, to cost us a win, and a ultimately a spot in the finals, they never pay free for that sort of scragging on the goal line.

Jack had one paid against him a few years ago didn't he? Or was that more of a block?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Definitely love the spark he ads when he goes into the ruck , however I’d rather adopt the “break glass when needed” attitude with NB , so I’d lock him in the back half and only move him out when like yesterday the games getting away from us, much rather Nank gets a chop out from CJ going forward .

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I loved Balta's game. He looked like a man possessed, competitive beast, and again with the comparison - was like Alex Rance. Keep going and he will become one of the league's absolute best players.

The move to the ruck happened after he vented at the umpire. I liked the move purely the point of view of it being a good competitive release valve for him at that stage of the match.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Flying under the criticism radar a little too much for my liking. How are those Alex Rance comparisons going atm?
Having a bad start to the year.

Don't know if the ruck change impacted at all but he's not playing with the same intensity.

Might be thinking its just going to happen again and has forgotten what he did last year.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Flying under the criticism radar a little too much for my liking. How are those Alex Rance comparisons going atm?
I disagree. Our mids and forwards are letting the ball fly through the middle of the ground and it's making it hard for all defenders. For gods sake, Tex Walker looks like Plugger Lockett at the moment. There's more to this than Balta. The rules have made it significantly hard for defenders - which was the intent in the first place.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That's 2 off the ball free kicks he has given away this year.
The one against Georgiadis was costly, but last night he was delist quality.
He needs a rocket from dimma

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think it’s a must he be locked in down back, with just the odd break glass moments in the ruck or forward, when Balta started to shine DTLD was out injured , need to rejig that mix again , might be worth trying Balta more in Grimes‘s/Rances role and letting Grimes go back to his traditional lock down role, with DTLD grabbing the big blokes .

No need to panic , we need Tigga back , however we’ve added a little beauty down there and imho we’ve got a good tall defender coming along in Biggie, Basher is the one that’s going to be hard to replace soon.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think it’s a must he be locked in down back, with just the odd break glass moments in the ruck or forward, when Balta started to shine DTLD was out injured , need to rejig that mix again , might be worth trying Balta more in Grimes‘s/Rances role and letting Grimes go back to his traditional lock down role, with DTLD grabbing the big blokes .

No need to panic , we need Tigga back , however we’ve added a little beauty down there and imho we’ve got a good tall defender coming along in Biggie, Basher is the one that’s going to be hard to replace soon.
It begs the question whether we are too top heaving down back? Something we might need to look at when Vlastuin is back.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It begs the question whether we are too top heaving down back? Something we might need to look at when Vlastuin is back.
Personally don’t think so SA , especially with so many teams going a 3 headed monster , DTLD is the only player who can’t play on the mids and smalls , though he does his job in the bigs .

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

was he as bad in real life as he was on the wireless?

he appeared to sulk, walk, and go the knuckle?

it appeared a petulant display.

sipped a bit of his bath a reckon.

just a sip. He'll be right.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He is ball watching rather than playing instinctively. That’s a player low on confidence.
He needs to compete and play with energy.
Last night he was constantly caught in no man’s land.
A terrible place to be for a footballer.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Young Jackson pulled Noah’s pants down last night in front of 60k at the G.

Noah has a had a poor start to the year. He needs to work his arse off and find the form that made him a star last year. He looks all out of sorts at the moment.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
was he as bad in real life as he was on the wireless?

he appeared to sulk, walk, and go the knuckle?

it appeared a petulant display.

sipped a bit of his bath a reckon.

just a sip. He'll be right.
I hope it was just a case of not being able to handle the conditions but IMO he looked sluggish & was fumbly vs the Dees.
A far cry from the thoroughbred he was last season right now. Maybe it is confidence at being shuffled around but to be frank, he looked at sea.
Noah has heap of talent but he can't get by on that alone. Needs to keep honing his craft & as he's been told many times just get back to doing the simple things well. Will be looking for an improved performance vs the Dogs.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I disagree. Our mids and forwards are letting the ball fly through the middle of the ground and it's making it hard for all defenders. For gods sake, Tex Walker looks like Plugger Lockett at the moment. There's more to this than Balta. The rules have made it significantly hard for defenders - which was the intent in the first place.

So if the rules have made it hard for defenders then it's made it easier for forwards. Can someone send that memo to T Lynch.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm fine with you disagreeing. Still think Balta is off his game.