Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
He was faltering down back before his injury. Started fumbling everything and looked unsure of himself. In fact fumbling the ball in wide open space is what got him injured in the first place. Has the physical tools. Not sure about the mental part.
The move forward has only made this worse. Needs to go back

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Still learning the game but tries too hard at times and that makes him look worse than he is. Dimma neds to settle him into one position and he will thrive again

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Refuse to blame Noah for his poor form. This one is on the coaches. Guy dominated as a 20-21 year old as a key backman and we are hell bent on trying to turn him into something he may never be and in the process completely kill his confidence and his development
*smile*. If you don't try you don't know. We already know he's a good backman. The smart thing to do is try and step it up. Kill his confidence and development? Seriously? Should we get out a little pillow to help him out?

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Let's focus on the recent. Noah has shown a lack of physical confidence two weeks in a row. Sure. He struggles in the air, what with being a small and all, but he can still get physically involved.

And to be fair to Noah, Petty would easily be our best aerial defender. So no disgrace to be covered by him.

I'll be interested to see the way Mr Damien Hardwick deals with this.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Let's focus on the recent. Noah has shown a lack of physical confidence two weeks in a row. Sure. He struggles in the air, what with being a small and all, but he can still get physically involved.

And to be fair to Noah, Petty would easily be our best aerial defender. So no disgrace to be covered by him.

I'll be interested to see the way Mr Damien Hardwick deals with this.
The forward experiment needs to shelved and get him settled again down back.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm think the current problem is (physical) confidence, SA.

Nothing is bad.

We have tall defenders who will soon destroy Noah Balta in the air. (He's a small.)

Noah has to hit the fall harder. He doesn't have to mark. Just hit it. (He's ok at that.) He's got to chase.

Melbourne was a high stakes game and Noah's confidence failed him. Fair enough.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Put your hand up if you thought Noah Balta (a small) would replace Jack Riewoldt as a tall forward in R6 of 2022.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He failed to attack the ball in the air too many times. He didn’t halve contests.
Reckon that hit last week in Adelaide is still affecting him. At least I hope that’s what it is.

He and Lynch had no aerial presence

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He failed to attack the ball in the air too many times. He didn’t halve contests.
Reckon that hit last week in Adelaide is still affecting him. At least I hope that’s what it is.

He and Lynch had no aerial presence
We're talking about Noah here, MD.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Have the media mentioned that NB said he’s having a shot at goal and the umpire calls play on ?

Get him down back btw

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Balta is still extremely raw as a key forward. The question is will he ever get there?
Was becoming elite as a key back.
I dunno. It feels like a simple decision to me.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dropping a few marks, does he wear contact lenses? If he doesn't it might be worth trying them, as he wears glasses when not playing.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Balta is still extremely raw as a key forward. The question is will he ever get there?
Was becoming elite as a key back.
I dunno. It feels like a simple decision to me.
he is undoubtedly better as a better backman, but i guess the questions are, could be a more dominant forward in the future (50-50 at best) and are we still better off with him as our 3rd tall/2nd ruck, leaving the talls we have down back. (maybe).

but maybe Soldo's return to fitness will allow him to return, Balta to the backline, and ?? out (probably Tarrant.)

whatever the answers are it is a big shame to see Balta having such little impact on the game right now.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Played well in the backline IMHO that’s his position
Tarrant should be back up only Maybe teaching kids in VFL is his go