Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Kennedy kicked 4 in a 100 point drubbing and was able to outpoint Noah in a number of marking contests.

At first watch I thought Balta was quite poor defensively.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Balta may well make it as a forward in the future but what is clear is that our most balanced structure is 2 key forwards playing with Nank and Soldo.
That means Balta has to play back atm.

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I feel he didn't do much in the backline.

Went up a few times ineffectively, causing us to be short on the ground.

I really prefer him as a forward.

But our structure atm almost forces him back.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Kennedy kicked 4 in a 100 point drubbing and was able to outpoint Noah in a number of marking contests.

I agree. Didn't think he was great at the task of keeping his opponent quiet but did some nice things offensively.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Agree, Balta was good when he could attack the ball and counterattack but Kennedy had him in the wrestling / brains department.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Many will disagree , however last night showed exactly why Balta will only ever be a pinch hit forward , as soon as we take him out of the forward line it functions better , he just dosent have the high footy iq you need to be a long term key forward imho, yet he-is perfect to be a rebounding weapon , he loves using his athleticism to be taken to the ball then winning the contest and bombing long .

Keep Balta Back is my new bumper sticker

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hammy looked bad he basically hopped on 1 leg from the centre to the bench.
Hopefully just a regular 3 weeker meaning he would only miss 2 games as there is a handy bye in week 3.

• Sad

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Hammy looked bad he basically hopped on 1 leg from the centre to the bench.
Hopefully just a regular 3 weeker meaning he would only miss 2 games as there is a handy bye in week 3.
It’s really 2 byes.
*smile* me if we lose to the Bombres next week. I’ll legit throw the toys out of the cot.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
before the string I thought he was average at best today.

had some nice runs but was pretty dumb at times

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Cane off injured. Camera pans to him and looked not one bit concerned. No ice on hammy. Then minutes later hammy gets iced. Not saying he was not injured but….

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Cane off injured. Camera pans to him and looked not one bit concerned. No ice on hammy. Then minutes later hammy gets iced. Not saying he was not injured but….
He wasn't limping before TV camera was on him and then he started to limp when it was. He was smiling all the way.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The fact he ” twanged” in his kicking motion and that he had to hop off to get off the ground quickly rather then jog off is 3 weeks minimum im guessing

Reactions: 1 user