Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Cane off injured. Camera pans to him and looked not one bit concerned. No ice on hammy. Then minutes later hammy gets iced. Not saying he was not injured but….
you think in a game we were only 3 goals up at 3/4 time we deliberately took off our biggest and best key defender? no chance.
if it was Soldo I could understand scepticism, but no way with took Balta off for no reason.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Cane off injured. Camera pans to him and looked not one bit concerned. No ice on hammy. Then minutes later hammy gets iced. Not saying he was not injured but….

Balta pulled up immediately after he kicked the footy and grabbed the top of his hamstring and then made the most dramatic of exits basically hopping on one leg from the centre to the bench.
Staggered that when i watched the replay that neither the commentators or their esteemed ;) boundary riders failed to mention such a significant injury. What's worse because Balta smiled on the bench they called for the sub rule to be looked at :rolleyes:, (Vlaustin all over again), please @Smoking Aces don't succumb to commentators conspiracy theories, you will only end up with egg on your face.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
you think in a game we were only 3 goals up at 3/4 time we deliberately took off our biggest and best key defender? no chance.
if it was Soldo I could understand scepticism, but no way with took Balta off for no reason.
Balta pulled up immediately after he kicked the footy and grabbed the top of his hamstring and then made the most dramatic of exits basically hopping on one leg from the centre to the bench.
Staggered that when i watched the replay that neither the commentators or their esteemed ;) boundary riders failed to mention such a significant injury. What's worse because Balta smiled on the bench they called for the sub rule to be looked at :rolleyes:, (Vlaustin all over again), please @Smoking Aces don't succumb to commentators conspiracy theories, you will only end up with egg on your face.
I was at the game and missed him coming off the ground. I am only going by what I saw on the replay. No ice on the hammy was what I was questioning plus his reaction was one of not being too concerned. I never questioned he wasnt injured but just how serious?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I was at the game and missed him coming off the ground. I am only going by what I saw on the replay. No ice on the hammy was what I was questioning plus his reaction was one of not being too concerned. I never questioned he wasnt injured but just how serious?
He was iced up after that first bench shot at top of the hamstring not behind the knee and noticeably limping when coming out to shake opponents hands post match. I am hoping it is only the standard 3 weeker and not worse.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Looks like a standard hammy for Noah?, spent an hour running cones today, (not doing cones like Dimma ;) ).

Will in all likelihood only miss the 2 games and available after the bye.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Looks like a standard hammy for Noah?, spent an hour running cones today, (not doing cones like Dimma ;) ).

good news.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Listed on afl.com.au website as out for 4-6 weeks...

I asked a Richmond physio if it was just a standard hammy for Noah and he said yes, maybe I were fed a porky pie?

Anyway game after the bye is 4 weeks anyway so still reckon he only misses the 2 games.

**Dimma did say it was a kicking hammy not a running hammy so they had do be careful, (what's the difference between a running hammy and a kicking hammy?)

Updated - May 17, 2022

Probable

Josh Gibcus – AFL Heath & Safety Protocols

Questionable

Jack Graham - Toe

Unavailable

Noah Balta - Hamstring - Medium-term

MEDICAL-UPDATE-_-RICHMOND.jpg

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Don’t they use Dr Peter ‘Panic Merchant’ Larkins as their medical advice guy? They’re hardly ever right.

Dr Peter Larkins diagnosis are almost as bad as Dr Gerard Healys. I swear they must use the google doctor regularly. Got a headache - you will die, got a sore arm - you will die, my big toe hurts - you will die.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
**Dimma did say it was a kicking hammy not a running hammy so they had do be careful, (what's the difference between a running hammy and a kicking hammy?)

The high speed running type hammy tends to be the biceps femoris muscle whereas the stretching type one is generally the semimembranosus.

No difference in the actual muscle fibers, but the BF does about twice the moving so much more common to damage. If you hurt the SM you really want to get the repair right, as it has to cope with a more explosive action.

There's also a tendency to be more likely to damage tendons with the stretch type action.

Reactions: 7 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The high speed running type hammy tends to be the biceps femoris muscle whereas the stretching type one is generally the semimembranosus.

No difference in the actual muscle fibers, but the BF does about twice the moving so much more common to damage. If you hurt the SM you really want to get the repair right, as it has to cope with a more explosive action.

There's also a tendency to be more likely to damage tendons with the stretch type action.
Thanks TBR.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

unfortunately that includes the Swans and Franklin. He would have been the perfect match up. instead it will need to be someone slow- Tarrant-, someone small- Grimes/Broad- or someone young- Gibcus/Biggie. it will be interesting which way they go.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

That's what Leysy thought too.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Obviously Riewoldt did not study anatomy at school, just said in his Dreamtime presser that Noah is out 4-6 weeks with an ANKLE :)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user