Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
100% correct call by the ump. Only 40-45 out ffs just kick the goal, even if he missed still likely to win with a 1.25 left on the clock. Both teams didn't score even a single behind in the last 7 mins of play.
Yep odds of not getting a shot away??? 2000-1

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think Blethyn for Essendon would have been the last one that wore glasses on the ground. He went alright, but that was in the 70’s.

The 70s you say. You mean back when shirtfronting was legal and players got whacked behind play regularly?

I reckon it needs to be looked at, I think there is a problem there.

DS

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I remember the criticism a young Cotchin copped after big games. It's just a game, laugh it off and look forward to next week.

This team looks very close to clicking to me, and it's the younger players that have me the most excited. Who cares about a coin toss result when all other signs are pointing towards ongoing success?

If we're fit and in form in September, it doesn't matter where we finish on the ladder. Nothing will stop us.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Agree, but it’s still a very stupid thing to say. Doesn’t paint him or the club in the right light.

Smacks of arrogance and a poor culture. Things that have not been part of our make up for some time now
I think you're putting way to much emphasis on what was just a throw away line from a devasted player who doesn't front the media much. Sure shouldn't have said it but in context of his whole interview it was clear he was a little stressed.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Just saw the replay. The maggot ump calls play on as Noah takes his first step. 99 times out of 100 the ump doesn’t call play on.

Reactions: 4 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Just think he has the lowest footy iq in the side imo ( aside from Castagna and arrts)

He’s an athletic beast, but he really has no footy smarts about him. Definitely not a forward where you have to use guile and leading patterns to earn your crust.

Backline only imo, see ball get ball and boot it long. That’s his go. Maybe some ruck on Occassions

Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I haven’t watched the tv version but at the ground there was a massive and I mean massive countdown on the main scoreboard.

To me - It clearly expired before the umpire called play on. Is one of the most brain dead things I have ever seen.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The 70s you say. You mean back when shirtfronting was legal and players got whacked behind play regularly?

I reckon it needs to be looked at, I think there is a problem there.

DS
The stats dont back up any issue with night games for Balta. I think it is a furphy that 1 poster keeps repeating as fact.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The stats dont back up any issue with night games for Balta. I think it is a furphy that 1 poster keeps repeating as fact.
Night games can be harder for the short-sighted (speaking from experience) but that's regardless of eyewear. Changing from contacts to glasses wouldnt make a difference. Short-sighted people just find it harder to see at night. Benny Gale had a similar problem.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Night games can be harder for the short-sighted (speaking from experience) but that's regardless of eyewear. Changing from contacts to glasses wouldnt make a difference. Short-sighted people just find it harder to see at night. Benny Gale had a similar problem.
I dont disagree with the theory, but I dont think the facts support any issue for Balta playing at night.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
if he kicked it within 20 seconds, which is plenty time. We wouldn't be here discussing the umpires.
still can't work out why he just didn't go back and kick it.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
if he kicked it within 20 seconds, which is plenty time. We wouldn't be here discussing the umpires.
still can't work out why he just didn't go back and kick it.
It’s still got me stumped too. Why was Balta trying to play the clock - scores were level!! We just needed to score at that point regardless. If we hadve been in front then maybe I could get my head around it. But at this point - I can’t!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s still got me stumped too. Why was Balta trying to play the clock - scores were level!! We just needed to score at that point regardless. If we hadve been in front then maybe I could get my head around it. But at this point - I can’t!
He’s running down the clock so that it minimises the time and chance Freo can score again. He’s thinking that he,ll score and put Richmond in front but he stuffed up his timing. Elliott did a similar thing yesterday.

• Wow

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
A commentator post match I think called it correctly Balta was in his own little zone , it certainly looked that way

They then went on with " that was probably his routine "

our gripe is he was too zoned out , I think it would be ok to say Jack or Tom wouldn't be caught out as that is part of their craft
and while they need to shut out some of the noise , they also need some awareness

if Balta is a swing man all his career he'll have to refine his goal kicking routine , pitty we all had to learn such a hard lesson

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He’s running down the clock so that it minimises the time and chance Freo can score again. He’s thinking that he,ll score and put Richmond in front but he stuffed up his timing. Elliott did a similar thing yesterday.
okay, did it work?