Norm Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Norm Smith

Who should be awarded the Norm Smith if there's nothing in it?

• D. Martin for his record breaking 3rd

• B. Houli for his well deserved and belated 1st

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not really fussed who wins the Normie, it's an individual award in the ultimate team game.

However I'd be happy for Dusty to win his third from three premierships n shut all the # Geelol n Dangerflog dribblers up forever.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
If Shai does win I hope they pronounce his name correctly. Am sick of commentators mispronouncing his name as “shy” instead of “Shay”. Not really that hard.

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Dusty, and the Tigers by extension, are an anomaly in the modern world. Football fans are more likely to watch games on TV than they are to attend games. They are more likely to be exposed to second and third hand online analysis than to actually watch the game.

So knowledge comes from commentary rather than what an individual sees with their eyes. And commentary is inherently lazy. Statistics become the go-to tool that is used to fill the void. Trams that play like Richmond are not understood well.

So, if we win, chances are Dusty has played well and Dusty wins the Norm Smith. Who understands what Shane Edwards does, or what Dylan Grimes does, or what Jack Riewoldt is doing? Who understands that Cotch is the one who stands tall under adversity and his team fall in behind him? Who understands Lambert?

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Dusty, and the Tigers by extension, are an anomaly in the modern world. Football fans are more likely to watch games on TV than they are to attend games. They are more likely to be exposed to second and third hand online analysis than to actually watch the game.

So knowledge comes from commentary rather than what an individual sees with their eyes. And commentary is inherently lazy. Statistics become the go-to tool that is used to fill the void. Trams that play like Richmond are not understood well.

So, if we win, chances are Dusty has played well and Dusty wins the Norm Smith. Who understands what Shane Edwards does, or what Dylan Grimes does, or what Jack Riewoldt is doing? Who understands that Cotch is the one who stands tall under adversity and his team fall in behind him? Who understands Lambert?
Out of the finals & GFs we have played since our period of dominance the past 4 years , Dusty has been BOG 7/9 games.

Guess who has been the other 2.?

Houli Douli.....

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If Shai does win I hope they pronounce his name correctly. Am sick of commentators mispronouncing his name as “shy” instead of “Shay”. Not really that hard.

It pisses me off too, how hard is it, Dwayne Russell had been calling him Shy for ages. On radio recently he was saying how he prided himself on getting player prenunciations right so I quickly sent him a text ;) .
Next day he was saying Shai:)
Still, even after JR8 tried to set the media straight many still get it wrong.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It pisses me off too, how hard is it, Dwayne Russell had been calling him Shy for ages. On radio recently he was saying how he prided himself on getting player prenunciations right so I quickly sent him a text ;) .
Next day he was saying Shai:)
Still, even after JR8 tried to set the media straight many still get it wrong.
Brereton loves him, and I did notice last week after the game he actually corrected himself, started to say shy, then amended it to shay.