North Korea test Nuclear Bomb | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

North Korea test Nuclear Bomb

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
nitrotiger said:
Take notice of us who ramble.........some of us dont need a doctorate in politics or a degree or a diploma to know how the real world works.....youre treading on dangerous waters here ........

wanna tell me how i'm treading on dangerous water? ::)

go detonate or do whatever it is you do

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Racist  :rotfl :rotfl

The most freely bandied about word of the past 10 years.

Anyone with a point of view that does not conform to leftist idealism or minority mollycoddeling who purveys their opinion is now a racist, a bigot , heartless or compassionless.

Isnt calling someone a racist  libel or defamation.

I spose my opinion doesnt count anyway cos i am a heterosexual, anglo saxon male over the age of 18 that is not a member of an ethnic or religious minority so my opinion doesnt count and neither do i in this day and age.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
craig said:
Racist :rotfl :rotfl

Anyone with a point of view that does not conform to leftist idealism or minority mollycoddeling who purveys their opinion is now a racist.

Isnt calling someone a racist libel or defamation.

I spose my opinion doesnt count anyway cos i am a heterosexual, anglo saxon male over the age of 18 that is not a member of an ethnic or religious minority so my opinion doesnt count and neither do i in this day and age.

isn't refering to someone of an asian background as Yow chi Kung Fui Fat Full of Dim Sim and Sushi eating Despot Chopstick waving tryhard derogatory and making references to their racial origin?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
S'ok Lidsy not going you i was just putting up my 2 cents cos the term racist is everywhere and has all and sundry looking over their shoulder before they speak these days, tis a joke and i think modern society too is a joke.

For what its worth i think everyone needs to get a thicker layer of skin.

Rayzorwire

Tiger Superstar
Feb 20, 2006
poppa x said:
This quote from razorwire

Pakistan being the most blatant example. Still helping al-Queda, still harbouring 'terrorists', still a hotbed of anti-US radicalism, still harbouring and protecting the man responsible for most global nuclear technology getting into to 'wrong' hands, but magically becomes a US ally regardless.

I'm prepared to support you on Gumpus but this quote is plain wrong.
The President of Pakistan is arguably the most gutsy world leader in the fight against terrorism. The fight's in is back yard and he actively supports the USA. Sure he has dissidents in his Government and Military but his position is clear. He supports Bush. The man is true hero.

Musharraf is a tin pot military dictator who seized power through a coup and has retained it through electoral fraud and constitutional manipulation. During Bush's time in office, the original stance was that massive reforms toward democracy would need to be made for Pakistan to receive US assistance. These reforms have not been made - genuine democracy is as non-existent in Pakistan as it was just after the coup - yet recently $3billion in aid over 5 years was announced for Pakistan. The US doesn't really give a damn about democracy; they prefer dictators as long as they are preferable to the alternative with regard to US interests.

But don't think for a minute that the US trusts Musharraf or vice-versa - the aid I mention above is conditional on Musharraf behaving himself and can be cancelled at any moment.

Bush is an embattled leader, marginalised internationally and floundering badly in all polls at home. For him it was a rare opportunity to take advantage of being able to spin some 'good news.' In truth there is little genuine good news in the US-Pakistan relationship.

Musharraf consistently pays the US lip service, but that's all it amounts to. In a previous visit he hid the death of Daniel Pearl at the hands of Pakistani kidnappers from the Bush admin despite being fully aware he had died - he didn't want the news to compromise his objectives.

His stalling and disinformation regarding the whereabouts of bin Laden has reached epic proportions...'yes, we are thoroughly searching the Federally-Administered Tribal Areas'...despite the fact every 'al Queda operative' thus far uncovered in Pakistan has been found in a major city. Despite the fact it is well known bin Laden requires kidney dialysis, Musharraf pretends to the world he's hiding in a cave somewhere in FATA territory. Bin Laden remains hidden in Pakistan - as do other important operatives - simply because he can afford to. Musharraf is playing both sides and turning a dollar out of each.

Still he refuses to let the US take action on its own regarding 'actionable information' on bin Laden's whereabouts.

Reacting to a Bush comment to CNN Wednesday that if actionable information was available, he would 'absolutely' order US forces to capture or kill Osama, even if he was in Pakistani territory, Musharraf had told a press conference in New York, "We would not like to allow that at all.

Why? Because then Musharraf can't milk a cash cow with each hand...he can't pretend to be a US ally while harbouring al-Queda and it sizeable assets.

Same deal with Iran. While the US is under the impression it is receiving credible information on Iran, Iran is also being fed every latest detail.

The bulk of the world's heroin is produced in US controlled Afghanistan, all of it goes through Pakistan...yet both claim to be virulently anti-drugs.

Musharraf is an opportunistic dictator who plays his own interests at every turn. To describe him as some sort of 'hero' for his role in the 'War On Terror' amounts to badly formed analysis.

Not that I blame you for that poppa...you just believe the lies you are fed by these crooks.

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
LidsandBling said:
craig said:
Racist :rotfl :rotfl

Anyone with a point of view that does not conform to leftist idealism or minority mollycoddeling who purveys their opinion is now a racist.

Isnt calling someone a racist libel or defamation.

isn't refering to someone of an asian background as Yow chi Kung Fui Fat Full of Dim Sim and Sushi eating Despot Chopstick waving tryhard derogatory and making references to their racial origin?
Other people could come up with more colourful vernacular for this joker.Not even China,Japan or the asian nations respect him......
Nup,anyone who lets the people of their nation starve in the name of their meglomaniac ideals deserves to be labeled.
Look where the arms race got Russia.
P.S.
I have no time for Osama...that deleted tryhard,or the Bali Bombers,those deleted

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
LidsandBling said:
[Message deleted due to personal abuse]

Mmmmm.... looks like the double standards on this Forum are alive and well. Lids&Bling has his message deleted, because of personal abuse, but he can continue on regardless, without as much as a warning. Right. But what about the personal abuse on some of the other threads? They have been allowed to continue, unhindered. Maybe some of them should have been deleted too. It was also noted that Linds& Bling had the 'last say' on the 'locked?' thread 'Liverpool & Chelsea "complaints"...Mmmmmm.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Chelsea said:
Mmmmm.... looks like the double standards on this Forum are alive and well. Lids&Bling has his message deleted, because of personal abuse, but he can continue on regardless, without as much as a warning. Right. But what about the personal abuse on some of the other threads? They have been allowed to continue, unhindered. Maybe some of them should have been deleted too. It was also noted that Linds& Bling had the 'last say' on the 'locked?' thread  'Liverpool & Chelsea "complaints"...Mmmmmm.

I'm getting really sick of your moaning and complaining. How do you know if L&B was warned or not? I'm sure he understands why his message was deleted whether he likes it or not. Will he stage a 3 ring circus and start posting on multiple threads about it or just get on with things? Time will tell but I suspect the latter.

The thread you mention was already locked and L&B started a new thread because he felt he should have the right of reply to comments made about him. I merged it with the locked thread. Both sides had had their say. Seems fair to me.

If I visit someone's home and don't like their rules or the way it's run Chelsea I wouldn't continually criticise and whinge and complain. I'd find somewhere else to visit where I felt more at ease.

There are plenty of other websites around. ;)

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
Rosy.... I'm not 'moaning and complaining'..... just stating facts, as I see them. I thought a Forum was for people to express their thoughts, and I'm expressing mine. What's wrong with that? My thoughts may not always agree with yours, or anyone else's here, but we are all individuals. Right? Your suggestion of other sites..... well, maybe that's how you get rid of people who don't always agree with you. I am a Richmond member, and love my club, so being here suits me fine.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Chelsea said:
Rosy.... I'm not 'moaning and complaining'..... just stating facts, as I see them. I thought a Forum was for people to express their thoughts, and I'm expressing mine. What's wrong with that?

You're not being asked not to express your thoughts. "What's wrong" is they belong on the FEEDBAC K board as has been posted on here AND as you've been advised in a PM but ignored.   Not everyone wants to read this crap and it's nothing at all to do with topic of the thread. :mad:

The other thing wrong is your information about L&B which you posted for your own advantage without having a clue of the facts. ::)

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Back on topic (sorry Chelsea)

Rayzorwire doesn't understand that Musharraf is walking a tight rope. On one side is his desire for his country to conform to acceptable world standards of behaviour and on the other side the terrorists in and surrounding his own country who have already made several atempts on his life. But the "lefties" interpret this as being hypocritical. I say it's plain common sense to try and appease both sides and to hell with what the anti USA sympathisers may think.

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
Sorry for goin over the odds Jools and Rosy and LidsandBling...Honestly,no offence meant......
I am like like a chinese cracker with too short a wick.........I go bang before my brain gets into editorial gear.....
just like to make my point....I wanna be watchin me footy and drinkin vb and eatin meatpies in another 50 years,thats all,and I am a lover of the free world.....and democracy and all that is good about it and I haten those people who threaten to take that away.....Even though democracy is not 1005 perfect,its a hell of a lot fairer than the practices that extremists,despots,and terrorists are employing to get their own way nowadays
I give out an opinion,and I cop it fair and square,some people just like to argue the toss in the name of being right......at all costs.....
Nah,no offence taken....just keep on believing,and speaking about what you believe...its more than a hell of a lot of other countries have got.....cheers!

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
craig said:
Racist  :rotfl :rotfl

Anyone with a point of view that does not conform to leftist idealism or minority mollycoddeling who purveys their opinion is now a racist, a bigot , heartless or compassionless.

Or monocultural polemicists ;D

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Tigers of Old said:
You'd swear Kim Jong II detonated it at Punt Road End, the way this place has been going off today. :blowingup

Forget North Korea.

The RFC downgraded a pick by 5 spots.

Surely that makes the leaders crazier than the Leader of Nth Korea.

At least on PRE it does. ;D

Rayzorwire

Tiger Superstar
Feb 20, 2006
poppa x said:
Back on topic (sorry Chelsea)

Rayzorwire doesn't understand that Musharraf is walking a tight rope. On one side is his desire for his country to conform to acceptable world standards of behaviour and on the other side the terrorists in and surrounding his own country who have already made several atempts on his life. But the "lefties" interpret this as being hypocritical. I say it's plain common sense to try and appease both sides and to hell with what the anti USA sympathisers may think.

Apologies to chelsea the thread hijacker for posting something on topic and interrupting his victim spiel?

Admission your 'hero' Musharraf appeases terrorists by 'appeasing both sides?'

I understand all too well poppa... :rofl