Not Happy AFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not Happy AFL

A

admin

I can't find details on the AFL site yet, but a friend on MSN told me Richmond play Sydney up there next week.
That is the Sydney who haven't left the comfort of their state this year, whereas Richmond have had a very tough trip to Geraldton already.
Why are we the ones to travel again?
I'm sick of the AFL rigging things to their own advantage.
The Pies have had a bit of an armchair ride as far as scheduling goes as well.
GO CROWS! ;D GO TORNS! :'(

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Fremantle havent left WA and adelaide have had a dream run... i got way more to say on this but ill post it next time!!

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I am pissed off with this years draw. We only play 7 home games at the 'G'. These are in rounds 3,7,8,10,12,16,22. And includes games against Fremantle and Sydney. I thought that when the club agreed to play 4 home games at shitful stadium they were all hoing to be against the interstaters.Instead we play as home gamesthe Bulldogs in rnd2,Geelong in rnd 15,St kilda in rnd 19,then Pt Adelaide in rnd 21!!!
Why are we forced to try and make this crappy stadium profitable?? I won't go there I'd rather subscribe to Fox Footy and drink my fairly priced beer from real stubbies.Atleast with the 'G' you can park somewhere and walk there.Damn this crap stadium and the destruction of the peoples ground out here in the east!What amazing foresight to build a stadium with a capacity of 55000!!
Anyway back to the draw we also travel to Brisbane in rnd 13 Then are off to Adelaide the week after... whats with that?!
So all up we have 2 trips to perth 1 to Brissy and 2 to Adelaide so we miss out on a sydney trip wooppee thanx for the favour guys.
We have 7 home games at the 'G' and 4 at crapsville dome and play interstate 5 times, the other 6 away games are 3 each at doclonards practice and 3 at the 'G
And we have 11 bloody night games.Who says we wanted to go the footy at night all the time?? We only play on a Saturday afternoon 5 times this year of those 5, 3 are at the 'G' including one 'away game' one is at Chromedome and the other is in Subiaco!
The Tigers are a made for television special this year! And the AFLs attempts to drive the footy public away and onto pay tv is working beautifully.

A

admin

Great post Tigerdog, I agree entirely.  The club's sell to us was that we would get the extra revenue for agreeing to play more at Colonial against the interstate sides.

I wonder if the club are happy that it's not the way things came out in the draw.  They said when the draw came out that they were quite satisfied with it.

We copped 2 interstate trips in a row last year (I think)too.
Not good enough, it's a massive disadvantage, particularly to tall players being cramped in planes, not to mention the interupted training schedule.
We seem to cop 2 trips to the West pretty often too.

I agree about the night games too, though that's a personal thing for me though and I understand others like them.

If I go alone I don't like driving home at midnight so I have the added cost of staying in a motel in the city.  
(Not that I expect no night games to be scheduled just to suit me, ha.)

I am increasingly getting more and more fed up with the AFL.
They rig things to their own advantage and give very little back to the fans.
The *smile* might hit the fan when the TV contract expires though.
One day they just might want people through the gates again.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I am staggered our next practice game is in Sydney on Saturday. Give me a break. Can't the Pies play anywhere but Victoria. At least the Crows had to go to Darwin for the Fizzer Cup. The Pies have had the Dome, the Dome and the Dome and now they have to play at the Dome. Fairness by the truckloads Jacko. If the AFL was so keen to promote footy in different regions of NSW then why did they sign a TV deal that doesn't guarantee live coverage into those regions. Scheduling practice games will not make up for that absurd decision. This continues to prove my point that the AFL treats supporters like idiots.

As to the draw - Yes Rosy we had 2 interstaters in 2002 Rounds 21 -v- Adel and then Rd 22 -v- Sydney.

I intend to go to 1 game in Adel and the 1 in Bris. The Brisbane one, only because I promised my Great Aunt I'd come up next time the Tigers played.

I understand why the Club has agreed to playing 4 home games at Telstra. While not not in total agreement with games that have been scheduled, I am not totally surprised either. I don't think Collo would sign a deal to hand over big $$ if we didn't have to give something in return.