Notification- PRE out of action for a while tomorrow. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Notification- PRE out of action for a while tomorrow.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We'll be moving to new hosts tomorrow. The site will go down tomorrow at approximately 8.30am. Thanks to 'tester' for all the effort he's putting into this. He's weaving some magic to help make the transfer as quick as possible but it's hard at this stage to give a return time. The DNS changes could take a day or so to propagate.

Looking forward to catching up with everybody after the move. I can be contacted (I think) by email if necessary [email protected]

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We'll make a special effort to be back in time for your trip Brodders. Fingers crossed.

I've heard a rumour that workplace productivity by Tiger fans is expected to increase a thousand fold tomorrow morning.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Let's hope the nameless one player isn't named as one of ours while we're out. We all might self-combust

Tigion

Us Against The World
Nov 25, 2006
East Gippsland
rosy23 said:
We'll make a special effort to be back in time for your trip Brodders. Fingers crossed.

I've heard a rumour that workplace productivity by Tiger fans is expected to increase a thousand fold tomorrow morning.

hahahah i dont start till lunchtime

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The only issue I see at the moment is that avatars haven't come across.

tester

Administrator
Mar 17, 2004
They are there, just have to adjust a path to them - but I can't find where to change it.
They'll come back eventually.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks heaps to tester who waved his magic wand, and crossed his fingers, and tried an amazing feat that has never been performed before. It worked and right before our very eyes this transfer appears instant. Quite incredible. No waiting days for DNS to propogate. We're lucky to have such a dedicated helper on PRE. If moving the database relied on me it couldn't happen.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
tester said:

Good stuff.

FYI, response times where I am haven't degraded at all. Can't yet tell if its faster or not but speed hadn't been a real issue for a while.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Baloo said:
Good stuff.

FYI, response times where I am haven't degraded at all. Can't yet tell if its faster or not but speed hadn't been a real issue for a while.

So we've connected to the NBN now? ;D