Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Even with a low care factor, someone else has to win it and I'll need something to watch without the Olympics.

Melbourne: Absolute charmed injury run. Good record against other top 8 teams. Can win it.
Western Bulldogs: Have looked ordinary in recent weeks. Unless Bont carries them over the line, not sure they can win it.
Geelong: Have a few injuries now so fingers crossed. Cannot bare the thought of the misery of the 2021 being compounded with the Cats winning it.
Port Adelaide: Relatively injury free and have some match winners. Can win it.
Brisbane: Recent form poor and lost to us. Can't win it.
Sydney: Surprise packet but can't see them winning 4 in a row.
GWS: Coming good at the right time but can they win 4 in a row? I doubt it and their tall forwards might not be good enough.
Essendon: Should sneak in above West Coast. Will lose the first week to keep the streak from 2004 going.

Want to win it: GWS as the pain will be minimal
Will win it: Port over the Dees

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Cancelled season would be my preferred call. :))

GWS have been my Smokey for a little while.

I actually don’t care who wins it if we don’t

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Dogs, Shebourne or GWS.

Geesook, Powder Puffs or Eagles would be a stuffen disaster

Swans or BrisVegas don't care

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
As long as Geelong doesnt win

Reactions: 18 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon Dees and Cats win Q finals

then Dees beat Cats in the GF.

2 huge star ruckmen V Rhys Stanley

I cant wait.

Dees deserve the flag this year. Theyve built a great list patiently and have been good all year.

i want them to win, and i think they will.

go dees :peepwall

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Dees or Dogs for me. But would tolerate anyone bar Geelong or Brisbane.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I reckon Dees and Cats win Q finals

then Dees beat Cats in the GF.

2 huge star ruckmen V Rhys Stanley

I cant wait.

Dees deserve the flag this year. Theyve built a great list patiently and have been good all year.

i want them to win, and i think they will.

go dees :peepwall
I’m with Carter. ABG.

Outside of that I don’t really care. I’m a bit conflicted on the Dees. I have a uncle who is a ripper bloke and long suffering Dees supporter. One of my best mate’s wife and half her family are passionate Dees; good people. So I’d be very happy for them for a Dees win.

On the flip side they tanked and cheated for years and got so many high draft picks and have still been *smile* until now. The anti Richmond; we did it the hard way. Not sure that sort of behaviour should rewarded with a flag.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Could handle the Moggies losing another Prelim. Nothing sweeter than them having to watch the big dance from the cheap seats.

GeeWhizz for the neutral don't care factor.
Perhaps Smelbourne, purely because I know how *smile* it felt going 37 years without a flag, bit of sympathy for them going over 50 with out a taste.
Sydaknee ahead of any of the others, just 'coz.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
GWS or Dogs all the way.

Dees - nah, want their misery to continue.
Port - nope, don't want them to win it seeing how lippy they got in last years PF and seeing dumb *smile* like Duursma with his stupid arrow and Hartlett with his stupid everything would break me.
Cats - reasons are obvious.
Lions - more lippy *smile* wits and seeing Cameron with his stupid Malvern Star wheelie bull *smile* would kill me.
Swans - get a huge leg up with their academy so *smile* them.
Eagles - flat track bullies of the highest order who get a huge leg up from the umpires. Nah.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I’m with Carter. ABG.

Outside of that I don’t really care. I’m a bit conflicted on the Dees. I have a uncle who is a ripper bloke and long suffering Dees supporter. One of my best mate’s wife and half her family are passionate Dees; good people. So I’d be very happy for them for a Dees win.

On the flip side they tanked and cheated for years and got so many high draft picks and have still been *smile* until now. The anti Richmond; we did it the hard way. Not sure that sort of behaviour should rewarded with a flag.

another reason I want Dees to win, is they will finish last next year.

I know plenty of nice Dees supporters too.

Its been long enough for them.

but yeah, I identify as ABG too.

If it was and Essendon V Geelong GF, I'd fill my lounge with black and red balloons.

• Haha

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
ABG but preferably GWS because I won't run into that many of their followers during their short reign.

Might be difficult for them if Gill/Hocking cancel the pre-finals bye that was meant to help teams that finish in the bottom half of the 8.

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
This is like asking me who I would like to spend the night with? My choices are Halle Berry or one of 8 blokes...and by the way...Halle Berry is no longer available.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
ANYONE BUT GEELONG

this is great

ABG.

LGBITABG.

for the next month when people talk to me about footy, which is all anyone really bothers talking to me about anymore,

im going to come out as ABG.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Funny how GWS is top of the list and Geelong are last for most of us.

I'm going reverse psychology. Geelong to win the flag.

I want GWS. Toby Greene to kick 6 goals in the GF, win the Norm Smith and then get rubbed out for the first 12 weeks of 2022 for elbowing 3 Geelong sooks in the face. Selwood to fight it out til the end...and Rohan to get 3 touches for the game.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users