Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Now that we are out - who wins it and who do you want to win it?

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
I actually hope the Dee's win it, I can't believe I've said it or thought it, but I do.

Reactions: 1 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I actually hope the Dee's win it, I can't believe I've said it or thought it, but I do.
I’m with you there. Deserve to be favourites and have done everything right. The bonus is that their supporters miss out and we don’t have to see their celebrations.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
I’m with you there. Deserve to be favourites and have done everything right. The bonus is that their supporters miss out and we don’t have to see their celebrations.
Also I do have some great mates who are Dee's and would love them to feel what I felt in 2017.......and also glad i won't have to see, although I'm sure I'll hear, their celebration

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Could you imagine if Melbourne win?
cheese platters will be flowing down the streets.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I still think Melbourne's finals experience will bring them unstuck. They've made the finals once in the last 15 years or so, and that was 4 season ago?

History wold say MFC have little chance of winning

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Port showed they are very good. Melbourne look well balanced and that 2018 campaign will make them hungry.

Hard to see any of the others making the Grand Final, and I would just tip Melbourne at the moment. Both Port and Melbourne dismantled their opposition so could be a good game. That win at Kardinia Park showed a steel in Melbourne we haven't seen in my lifetime.

I remember lamenting PF losses with a Melbourne supporting mate that weekend, that hunger helped in our back to back flags and I reckon that PF loss in Perth in 2018 was a bitter lesson, a lesson old Melbourne would have misunderstood, but a lesson this time they heeded and addressed their failures. The prospect of winning a GF at the same place they were humiliated in 2018, I reckon that will add a little spice to their motivation too.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
GWS perfect
WB next best
PA unlikeable team but could live with
Me at least Port's in another state
-----
Br give the old codger nothing
Ge too many reasons to list

Perfect start to the finals given Sydney and Essendon were below the line for me.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
The Dees all the way. While I enjoy the stereotype, there's plenty of grassroots Melbourne supporters. My dad, a country shearer, has been a supporter for 70 years, so I'd love to see them get up.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
GWS perfect
WB next best
PA unlikeable team but could live with
Me at least Port's in another state
-----
Br give the old codger nothing
Ge too many reasons to list

Perfect start to the finals given Sydney and Essendon were below the line for me.
Beautiful.
Giants or Dees for me.
For Sydney, Essendon Geelong and Brisbane lose in The first week, was sensational.
With or without Greene GWS are a show. Cameron will get Aish and Whitfield to play through the corridor and with Kelly, Hopper and Tarranto in the middle good luck stopping them.
Gws has beaten Geelong 3 times in a row and 2 of those wins were at Karadinia Park.
Giddy up, straight sets Scott 6-0 6-0

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The Dees all the way. While I enjoy the stereotype, there's plenty of grassroots Melbourne supporters. My dad, a country shearer, has been a supporter for 70 years, so I'd love to see them get up.
When I was a kid one of the papers produced these posters for each club with an ode to each club its history and fans.
I still remember the opening lines of the Melbourne one
"From the shelter sheds of Swan Hill State to the cloisters of Melbourne Grammer....

Covers your dad and the Balliues, shearers and stockbrokers

• Love
Reactions: 1 users