NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The more NRL I watch the more I like the game. Great athletes, great skills. It's brutal yet balletic at times.

Reckon Marlion would have made a wonderful centre back. Rioli a great scrum half.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Insane finish to a game that should have been dead n buried for the Storm. Missed the start, but Storm were at 18 - 6 with ten minutes of the first half to go and the Warriors just having a second try disallowed.
Warriors pounded the crap out of Storm for the entire second half and up 26 - 18 with two and a half minutes to go without Storm even looking like getting close to a second half score. Enter the Pappy n Coates and the result was never in doubt.
Grown up following footy all my life with a bit of sideways interest in Rugby League. Last few years if I'm not watching the Tigers playing, I'll happily watch the NRL games ( Especially Storm ) over watching neutral AFL games.

Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Grown up following footy all my life with a bit of sideways interest in Rugby League. Last few years if I'm not watching the Tigers playing, I'll happily watch the NRL games ( Especially Storm ) over watching neutral AFL games.
Same TM. It's a very good game to watch when played at the speeds it is now. Skills all over have improved - kicking and catching the pill particularly. Great athletes and the refs perhaps do not have as much influence as in the AFL. I watch it in preference to most neutral AFL games.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Same TM. It's a very good game to watch when played at the speeds it is now. Skills all over have improved - kicking and catching the pill particularly. Great athletes and the refs perhaps do not have as much influence as in the AFL. I watch it in preference to most neutral AFL games.
I've always followed NRL from the NSWRL and ARL days in the 90s when it would be on the tv every Sunday.

Tigers aside of course, the NRL is often my go-to now as I've lost a lot of interest in the AFL as a product and as a competition.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Penrith are dead set the Collingfilth of the NRL.

Refs forever giving them penalty after penalty and never penalising them when they should. Especially at home.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Tigers last 2 Leichhardt results 98-24 combined...why consider playing home matches anywhere else?...The challenge is to bring that effort consistently ...The difference between good teams & also rans...No matter, we've something to enjoy for a few days ...We're in the top 8 !!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tigers last 2 Leichhardt results 98-24 combined...why consider playing home matches anywhere else?...The challenge is to bring that effort consistently ...The difference between good teams & also rans...No matter, we've something to enjoy for a few days ...We're in the top 8 !!
Watched most of that game n the tigers were pretty awesome. Pretty sure they've been spooners the last couple of years so it leaves me wondering how badly the Sharkbaiters are travelling to get flogged like that.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Tigers have found a star in 18yo five/eight Galvin. The Tiges 16-14, with 10 minutes to go.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Stormers and Horsies tonight expecting a good performance from the Stormers tonight with Munster and Hughes returning.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Fantastic game Storm V Broncos.
Vastly better than AFL at AO.

PS..how's the scoring going with the stand rule?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Having a beer with Harry and Wish in Richmond.

Said this last year, Harry is a cracking guy. Wish too.

Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Like a lot of you, getting great enjoyment out of the Storm.
Been following them since Day 1.

Love beating Teddie and The Chooks.
Bit of a dog act by him too, sticking the leg out to bring Pappy down.

Always wonder how Bellyache would go coaching us.
The players reckon he blows up all the time.
Prob wouldn't go down to well in the AFL.
They are just vastly different games.

Also saw The Cheese in the Storm rooms after the game chatting with his old team mates.
Another thing that doesn't happen in our game.

Go STORM!

Reactions: 3 users