NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

Tough game for the storm tommorrow night even though St George have got injuries.They gave us a belting up there last year.However based on last weeks form I think the Storm will win by 6 points.
 

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

TC said:
;D mb how was that 4th try against the Dragons !!!!!!
GO STORM
Sorry TC missed the game tonight as I had cricket presentation night.Was ringing for scores.Will watch replay tommorrow or Monday on Fox.TC,can you give me brief rundown on 46-12 win to Storm.
 

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
4,006
0
Re: NRL

Hi mb

Would have taken notes to report if I had known you were going out, hope you had a good night.

It was the last game in a Rugby/Jim Beam athon ;D, and was keeping half an eye on the Union too.

They came out strong like last week and took the crowd right out the game. Quick hands, very fast

movement of the ball, Slater and Orford killed them.

Come half time Storm were 24-0 up the crowd were ferals, not sure if they were booing us or Dragons.

St George were frustrated and were looking to start fights, Storm just kept on scoring, were also very

strong and ferrocious in defence, didn't look vulnerable out wide like last week's 2 conceded tries

but let one slip through in the corner, bit touch and go for my liking but paid anyway. If you are going

to let them through out at the flag is better I spose.

The fourth try was a ripper, don't miss it !!

Back to bed, I just got up to find out the Brumbies score ;D
 

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

Thanks TC,I will watch the game tommorrow on Fox.See Hopa has just been sent off for the whole game against Cronulla.Why Manly don't get rid of him I'II never know.
 

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
27,192
1,099
Melbourne
Re: NRL

According to the media reports the crowd were booing the Dragons and their coach is under the pump to hold his job.
 

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

jb03 said:
According to the media reports the crowd were booing the Dragons and their coach is under the pump to hold his job.
The crowd was not happy according to reports.As a coach Nathan Brown has promised plenty but has delivered little thus far.On another matter it will be interesting to see if Hoppa survives his latest incident.It was suggested on Fox this could probably end his career.
 

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
50,065
1,909
Re: NRL

mb64 said:
jb03 said:
According to the media reports the crowd were booing the Dragons and their coach is under the pump to hold his job.
The crowd was not happy according to reports.As a coach Nathan Brown has promised plenty but has delivered little thus far.On another matter it will be interesting to see if Hoppa survives his latest incident.It was suggested on Fox this could probably end his career.
How many Nathan Brown's do we have in Australian sport ? ??? ;D
 

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
3,918
0
Melbourne
Re: NRL

I thought Melbourne Storm were more impressive this week against St George. If there's one team that is a must win game its against that St George scum.

Again it was Orford, Slater and King stepping up. I'd expect all three to play representive football this year.

From what I've seen already this year, Storm looks like a definate top 4 team.
 

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

nwonash said:
I thought Melbourne Storm were more impressive this week against St George. If there's one team that is a must win game its against that St George scum.

Again it was Orford, Slater and King stepping up. I'd expect all three to play representive football this year.

From what I've seen already this year, Storm looks like a definate top 4 team.
Agree Nwonash,They would have to be definite top 4 along with Bulldogs,Roosters & possibly even North QLD.
 

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

Hoppa suspended for 17 games & sacked by Manly.Thankfully we have seen the last of this thug.
 

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
15,189
0
Re: NRL

mb64 said:
Stick with the storm J2,A good year lay ahead.
Yeah looks that way MoneyBags.altho from what i understand both Newcastle and St G had a fair few of their senior players out.I.ll wait to they play the more powerhouse clubs like Wests[Balmain] ;D
IF i was TW tho id have a nibble at Billy Slater.A natural born wingman in our game for sure ;D
 

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
2,716
5
Re: NRL

NRL Tigers 1/2 a chance if they play at Leichhardt

Sadly , the 'ground share' arrangement they have with the maggots at Campbelltown has neutered much of the home advantage , which has been further diluted this year by a shift of some supposed 'high profile' matches to the Olympic Stadium .

Guess they showed the remaining gold/orange on their jumper was closer to brown once the money started talking...
 

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
4,577
0
Re: NRL

mb64 said:
Hoppa suspended for 17 games & sacked by Manly.Thankfully we have seen the last of this thug.
Alias (When he played at West Tigers) - Crouching Tiger Hidden Finger..........
 

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
2,716
5
Re: NRL

Don't get me started on the Manual Digital Remasterer...

This filth had the gall to cry poor when the Tigers rightly sacked him for his 'misconduct' .
Unfortunately the club allowed themselves to 'played' & actually paid out his contract ...He then walked back into Manly like the prodigal off-spring ....
 

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
mb64 said:
Stick with the storm J2,A good year lay ahead.
Yeah looks that way MoneyBags.altho from what i understand both Newcastle and St G had a fair few of their senior players out.I.ll wait to they play the more powerhouse clubs like Wests[Balmain] ;D
IF i was TW tho id have a nibble at Billy Slater.A natural born wingman in our game for sure ;D
Whilst Newcastle & St George had injuries they were both big wins & last week was on the road also.Not getting too excited but a top 4 finish is realistic.
 

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
29,616
2
Melbourne
Re: NRL

Storm playing Manly at Manly tommorrow afternoon & will miss the game as I will be at Richmond v Geelong.Think Storm will make it 3 in a row but it is a bit of a danger game as Manly have had good success against us up there.Storm by 8.Also was an impressive win by Brisbane Broncos last night,so next weeks game in Melbourne should be a ripper.Good crowd at NRL last night which shows that AFL should be playing on Good Friday also.
 

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
4,006
0
Re: NRL

Was spewin' that the Storm were playing Sunday too. With sport from Thursday to Monday the odds of

the 2 games being played at different times would have been high.

At least the replay on FOX at 9.00 isn't too late