NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
1st game of NRL completed tonight with a comfortable win by Canterbury over St George.Once again it appears St George are being overated & they conceded 46 points.St George scored 28.Looking forward to going to Melbourne Storm's 1st game on Sunday.If you are a sports punter the Storm are close to a certainty despite Andrew Johns playing for Newcastle.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
Re: NRL

Would that be "Do yourself a favour" mb, now that Molly is #1 ticket holder?

Storm's pre season form has been good, should win at home

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

TC said:
Would that be "Do yourself a favour" mb, now that Molly is #1 ticket holder?

Storm's pre season form has been good, should win at home
And has his Melb Storm tatoo.Storm to win by 14.

buffy77

Tiger Cub
Oct 15, 2004

mb64 said:
1st game of NRL completed tonight with a comfortable win by Canterbury over St George.Once again it appears St George are being overated & they conceded 46 points.St George scored 28.Looking forward to going to Melbourne Storm's 1st game on Sunday.If you are a sports punter the Storm are close to a certainty despite Andrew Johns playing for Newcastle.

Johns would be very rusty, despite being the player he is, so I agree with you MB, that the Storm should win and win comfortably.
And could look pretty good for the finals if their form holds.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

buffy77 said:
mb64 said:

Johns would be very rusty, despite being the player he is, so I agree with you MB, that the Storm should win and win comfortably.
Agree

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

22-0 at half time, your money is looking safe mb

48-10 Keep Slater, Orford and King fit and it could be a BIG year

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Went to the game,the Storm were very impressive,Johns was rusty but in fairness they have a few out.If we have a good run with injuries this year who knows what might happen.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

They seemed to have a lot of run. King looks especially hard to tackle once he gets going, must be the fro :afro

The only way the Knights looked like getting in was right over in the wings, Slater must have been exciting

running down the middle, and Orford blowing off Johns to score would have been great to see

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne

Billy Slater is the most exciting player to watch in league.

It's a shame that the NRL pulled the plug on the Leagues Best & Fairest night two years ago. Slater was a shoe in to win Rookie of the year.

Great to see Storm win today. It will be even sweeter to beat St George next week. I like 100% other storm supporters hate St George with a passion.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

TC said:
They seemed to have a lot of run. King looks especially hard to tackle once he gets going, must be the fro :afro

The only way the Knights looked like getting in was right over in the wings, Slater must have been exciting

running down the middle, and Orford blowing off Johns to score would have been great to see
Agree TC,King was good ,the Knights defence was about as solid as Richmond's 2004 defence.Quite a few broken tackles.The guy from St George looked good Brett White & Dennis Scott looks the goods.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

nwonash said:
Billy Slater is the most exciting player to watch in league.

It's a shame that the NRL pulled the plug on the Leagues Best & Fairest night two years ago. Slater was a shoe in to win Rookie of the year.

Great to see Storm win today. It will be even sweeter to beat St George next week. I like 100% other storm supporters hate St George with a passion.
Bifgame against St George next wek.They were very unconvincing on Friday Night but gave us a belting up there last year.Go Storm.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002

Go the mighty Balmain tigers. ;D.
The irony of it all they are a practically a mirror image of Richmond :'(.
But still i mildly follow them but i love watchin Billy Slater.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

I liked Balmain until The Storm came on the scene too J2

Was only too happy to jump ship ;D

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002

TC said:

Only has a passing interest really when it comes to rugby TC.hell i couldnt even tell you who is Balmain,s capt is lol.
The storm i dont mind because its melb based and any chance to rub the northern sates faces in it, im all for it ;D

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Olympic Park is a bit of a graveyard for the Northerners too, bury them deep I say >:D

buffy77

Tiger Cub
Oct 15, 2004

mb64 said:
buffy77 said:
mb64 said:

Agree

Storm looked the goods yesturday, and as much as it pains me to say it, they may actually have a finals berth waiting for them as long as they don't suffer too many injuries. Without Slater and Orford there, they would be in trouble. That being said Newcastle looked pretty ordinary, which only helped the Storm cause.

Do they play St Geoge at home next week or in the 'Gong?

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

johnson2Madcow2005 said:
TC said:

Only has a passing interest really when it comes to rugby TC.hell i couldnt even tell you who is Balmain,s capt is lol.
The storm i dont mind because its melb based and any chance to rub the northern sates faces in it, im all for it ;D
Stick with the storm J2,A good year lay ahead.