Off Season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Off Season

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I watch the pre-season 2019 games week-by-week, then the regular season and finals series, read collected newspaper articles for the corresponding week , re-read PRE posts and just pretend it's March- September but slightly warmer, culminating in a drunken pub crawl after watching the grand final replay in Feb 2020.
Okay I was joking, just go paddleboarding and camping on weekends until footy comes back .
:gotiges
Reading your post Birdman, especially the bit about camping brought back some camping memories.

For years I would pack up the trusty Holden with all the camping gear, plus wife and kids and then head off to Fraser National Park on Lake Eildon.

Went with friends, did lots of trout and redfin fishing...even got plenty,. Also got to shoot a few bunnies which were devoured by all of us with the necessary beers.

There was nothing better at night than watching the beautiful starry sky whilst downing a few frothies or a dram or two of good scotch.

Then a game of cards with more cans down the hatch.

Also spent many times camping all over the place, mainly for fishing and rabbit shooting.

Thanks for reminding me of those good days.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
its all about the ALeague for me. with 3 away games here in Melbourne and 3 booked interstate, i'll end up going to 19 of 26 Victory games (plus finals). My misses' family also has a holiday house down in Dromana. We usually head down once a month, but that'll be stepped up over the summer. Will be there for Xmas, New year, Oz Day, etc.

Reactions: 1 user