Off Topic a tad-Diamond Valley League | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Off Topic a tad-Diamond Valley League

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Just wondering if anyone here follows or plays in the Diamond Valley League?

We were having a bit of a look around today for a club for my son to join and called into one ground and had a bit of a chat.

I was just wondering what standard the footy is. I gather it's fairly high with the ex-AFL players going around but don't know a thing about non AFL/VFL footy in Melbourne.

I'd appreciate any info anyone can give me. Also if anyone can tell me some other leagues around a reasonable radius of the Heidleberg area.

Thanks in anticipation that some kind PREnder will be able to help out. :hearton

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not absolutely certain Rosy but from rumours I've heard the lad better pack a hardhat, couple of mouthgaurds and maybe a nad protector for good measure :eek:
I do believe the league carries some seriously hard players.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
As an ex Diamond Valley player there are plenty of good clubs.If you want further info Rosy pm me

lutt

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2004
Rosy,
I had along & distinguised career at Lower Plenty all of 2 games
and recommend he plays there as the facilities & ground
surface are first class. jb will confirm this.

smoo

The Tiger Roars Again!
Sep 8, 2003
Melbourne
www.techspeak.biz
Rosy,
I played for Diamond Creek, fair while ago, back then they were a good club to play for. I believe they are good these days, and their facilities were pretty good when I played there.

Cheers,

Smoo.

lutt

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2004
If it rains heavily in Diamond Creek the nearby river floods
And he will need a boat to get to training.

lutt

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2004
Rosy if your son has tattoos i suggest he will feel
confortable at North Heidelberg

Skills

Tiger Champion
Apr 19, 2004
Inner City
rosy23 said:
Just wondering if anyone here follows or plays in the Diamond Valley League? 

We were having a bit of a look around today for a club for my son to join and called into one ground and had a bit of a chat.

I was just wondering what standard the footy is.  I gather it's fairly high with the ex-AFL players going around but don't know a thing about non AFL/VFL footy in Melbourne.

I'd appreciate any info anyone can give me.  Also if anyone can tell me some other leagues around a reasonable radius of the Heidleberg area.

Thanks in anticipation that some kind PREnder will be able to help out. :hearton

Lalor "Bloods" have always provided a good opportunity for youngsters to develop their footy. Historically, the "Bloods" have displayed names like Stephen Easton, Rod Wadell, Athos Hyrousalakis, Lance Witnall, Ray Shaw, Terry Keays & just recently, Aaron James. In 2005 Scott Cummings will also play for Lalor.

Historically, Lalor have a won premierships in the early eighties, back to back titles in the early nineties and last year won the 2nd Division flag. The club has struggled in recent times, but there has never been a shortage of talent in the area - Just ask the locals about a fella they call "Kouta"!!!

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Diamond Valley sides tend to play an extremely physical brand of football. Or you could say cheap and dirty.

Try the Yarra Junior Football League. There are a few sides out in the Heidelberg area.

RICHO_12

Tiger Superstar
Jul 1, 2004
Rosy, how old is your son.
What age group? I played at Montmorency last year in the U19's, great club,
awesome atmosphere great blokes and are very consitent with turning over and recruiting great players.

I have since however made the swap to Panton Hill Seniors in Div 2. (Money Talks) I need the $$$$ this year and so far i have really enjoyed my short time there. First praccy game is this week/d.

As far as standard, yes it is physical and the only real s(um side is North Heidelberg. Absolute dogs.
And to "Lefty", if u happen to be on here how is your ur nose s(umbag (Greatest head butt ever)? Otherwise its tough but fair majority of the time, 1st's arent too dirty as there is money involved and players owuldnt want to forfit match payments!

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
A friend I met at my folks pokie haunt ;D plays for Sth Morang in the Diamond Valley-he's a mad Tiger too-they are The Lions- legendary Fitzroy player used to play for the Sth. Morang Lions.

Get's a bit rough when people have had a few tinnies and start wanting to kill the umpires lol.-I don't think it's as bad as it used to be in the DVFL-more young people and families watch the footy here.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
DragicevicFan said:
:police: This is on the wrong board.  :police:

Strike two dragga. ;D  (I'm glad you got me to check the board description.  I should change it a bit anyway)

TIGER TALK
Discuss the Mighty Tigers, AFL, and anything football related.

Thanks for the replies and PM's guys. To answer a couple of questions my son is 20 and doesn't expect to be paid.  

That's interesting about Sth Morang smash....we drive past regularly and wonder which league they play in.  What a mud hole that ground is.

Tiger Superstar
Dec 28, 2004
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
DragicevicFan said:
:police: This is on the wrong board. :police:

Strike two dragga. ;D (I'm glad you got me to check the board description. I should change it a bit anyway)

TIGER TALK

Thanks for the replies and PM's guys. To answer a couple of questions my son is 20 and doesn't expect to be paid.

That's interesting about Sth Morang smash....we drive past regularly and wonder which league they play in. What a mud hole that ground is.

If it's not on the wrong board why did you tag it "Off Topic"?

Must have been feeling a little guilty?

:hihi :hihi :hihi

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I wasn't thinking of the heading police. :police: ;D My posts obviously keep critics of the moderating of this site on their toes.  ::)

Tiger Superstar
Dec 28, 2004
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Just to keep chronic critics of the moderating of this site on their toes. ::)

Ignore them you do as good a job as is humanly possible.

You would think some of "critics" were Collingwood supporters the way they carry on.

:rofl :rofl

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
DragicevicFan said:
:police: This is on the wrong board.  :police:

Strike two dragga. ;D  (I'm glad you got me to check the board description.  I should change it a bit anyway)

TIGER TALK

That's interesting about Sth Morang smash....we drive past regularly and wonder which league they play in.  What a mud hole that ground is.
South Morang will play on that ground this year & then move to a new ground next year which I believe has excellent facilities.I know the president & he appears to be doing a good job.Ron Mckeown(ex pies) is captain coach this year.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
South Morang.Some of the biggest heathens I used to know played for them.Years ago I seem to remember an all in brawl that in volved the crowd as well,similar to the Cairns one last season.

Why don't you get your son to play in a league where they actually play footy instead of commit thuggery Rosey.The EFL.