Official: Ian Campbell new CEO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Official: Ian Campbell new CEO

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Casey has just announced the appointment. Here's hoping that Ian Campbell is the right man for the job and can take the club forward. And most importantly don't sign off on any dodgy contracts.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Tigers announce new CEO
Jordan Chong
afl.com.au
2:28:54 PM Sun 13 April, 2003

Richmond’s lengthy search for a new chief executive is over, with Tigers president Clinton Casey announcing former Australian Olympian Ian Campbell as the club’s new CEO.

Campbell, currently living in Portland in the United States, will start in 2-3 weeks, relocating back to Melbourne after spending the past two years in the US running his own business.

Prior to that, he held positions with the National Basketball Association and footwear giant Nike, where he was involved with events involving Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods.

Casey, who has filled in as acting chief executive for the last five months, was thrilled with securing the services of Campbell.

“I’m pleased to say that after an enormous search we’ve appointed of former Olympian Ian Campbell,” Casey said.

“We’re very impressed with Ian and his CV and the business acumen that he’ll bring to the club and we look forward to bringing him on board.”

Casey also told guests at the president’s lunch at the MCG what targets the incoming CEO has been set.

“We’ve told him that he needs to drive this club from revenues of $20-24 million through to $40 million and get our membership from 25,000 through to 40,000.”

“So he’s got his work cut out for him over the next couple of years.”

In a statement released by the club, Campbell, originally from Melbourne, was excited with the prospect of returning back to Australia.

“I am thrilled to be returning home to further develop the legendary brand of the Richmond Football Club,” Mr Campbell said.

“I look forward to joining the entire Richmond community in promoting the success and growth of the Richmond Football Club,” he added.

Campbell held Australian and Commonwealth records in the triple-jump, and represented Australia in that event at the 1980 Moscow Olympics.