Old Grand Final highlights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Old Grand Final highlights

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I just stumbled across a YouTube channel where there is a highlights video of older Grand Finals.
What's unique about these are that they are of a better quality than what you normally see of that era, and each video is about half an hour which gives you a much better view of the game than your typical 4 or 5 minute clip.
He has also added a modern scoreline and clock in the top left corner.
Each year from 1966 to 1995 is there, but I don't think 1983 is there.
Kudos to whoever did this - they are really good.
1980 is here:

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I just stumbled across a YouTube channel where there is a highlights video of older Grand Finals.
What's unique about these are that they are of a better quality than what you normally see of that era, and each video is about half an hour which gives you a much better view of the game than your typical 4 or 5 minute clip.
He has also added a modern scoreline and clock in the top left corner.
Each year from 1966 to 1995 is there, but I don't think 1983 is there.
Kudos to whoever did this - they are really good.
1980 is here:

Great hearing Bobby Skilton commentating

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
There are various PC packages to upscale video to a higher resolution. Haven't used any of them, they take a bit of skill/trial and error to get good results, i.e. without artefacts/color changes etc.

Recently found this well-known footage of AC/DC in Glasgow 1978 following an upscale. The original is a bit grainy; watching this was almost like seeing the footage for the first time. Not without the odd artefact though.