Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Kipyegon outstanding run. OR to beat Hassan. Great run by the Scottish girl Muir. Good run by our girls. Good job to get into the final.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Don’t think Hall could have got on the podium. But she was capable of running a bit faster than she did and could have picked up a position or two. Came home full of running. Got her self caught too far back with too much to do. Needed to be up with Jess Hull in the early stages. Would have got a perfect ride there. But that’s racing for you. In a 4min race, don’t get much time to remedy things if you get caught out of position.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Need the US women’s 4x100 to get beaten for the US to remain without a gold medal on the track.
Think they are a heavy favourite in the men’s 4x400m though, based on the heats. Not sure if Poland and Jamaica quite have the firepower to challenge them. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Jamaicans *smile* the first change and still weren’t far outside the world record. Waiting to see if the change was legal.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
The Italian team in the stands as the teams hit the finish line, just going off, before anyone knew the result.

Relays are often so one sided. Great for a change to see a really hard contest. Such an entertaining race to watch tonight. Brilliant result. I thought GB was home, but the Italian anchor runner ran out of his skin.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Mens 4 x 100 was a belter. The last British sprinter pretty upset.

Yeah he was. But replays showed he pushed to the end and it wasn't a case of show boating. Just beaten on the day.

tenor.gif