Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Good job Tokyo. Thumbs up.
Yep it has been a great games. Wasn’t that fussed about it beforehand but must say I can’t recall enjoying an Olympics so much.

I guess it helps that the Aussies did so well and we always seem to be in lockdown with *smile* all else to do.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep it has been a great games. Wasn’t that fussed about it beforehand but must say I can’t recall enjoying an Olympics so much.

I guess it helps that the Aussies did so well and we always seem to be in lockdown with *smile* all else to do.

Yeah, spot on. Couldn't have summed it up betetr.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Eliud Kipchoge is an all time great. There's not many of them.
He is one. You must put him alongside the greats of all sport.
Mind-blowing form and shape in that run today.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
You know at 86 or 87 he still runs Monday night basketball at MSAC? He rings you when your fees are late! And the number you call to advise of a forfeit etc is his home number? What a legend.
I didn't. Cannot imagine him using Team Ap! Amazing, staying involved with grassroots when he could have put his feet up twenTy years ago, legend.
Early 80s had to walk past Lindsay at 45 playing in the A grade comp with some of his Melb Tigers he coached in state league as I wandered down to my lowly court at the back. I peaked inB grade so never played against him.
When I played under age, Often saw his son shooting around on the practice rings, little did we know the boy would become a legend too.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jessica Springsteen, daughter of Bruce won a silver medal, she was "born to run".

Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I enjoyed this reply and all your expert knowledge on Aths. Have always appreciated your thoughtful AFL football posts for that matter too. But getting back to Stewie. Yes, to win a medal, let alone a gold in a key Olympic track event, is incredibly difficult, especially in this era of drug 'temptation'. (And the Kenyans certainly aren't exempt from that. When you can make a fortune in terms of a poor country. Interesting to hear Cheruiyot not qualifying at home due to a hamstring issue recently but headed to Europe and made a remarkable recovery then selected!}

I wonder whether Stewie's incredible high pace over great distance would have made him more potent in the 5000?

If you're a stats man Leon, this placing table gives a better illustration of the relative strengths of participating nations in the Tokyo track and field meet. Far more detailed and nuanced assessment than a simple medal tally. Particularly when we are talking a sport that had 180 countries represented.

< RUOK ? | Sharks >