Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jessica Springsteen, daughter of Bruce won a silver medal, she was "born to run".

Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I enjoyed this reply and all your expert knowledge on Aths. Have always appreciated your thoughtful AFL football posts for that matter too. But getting back to Stewie. Yes, to win a medal, let alone a gold in a key Olympic track event, is incredibly difficult, especially in this era of drug 'temptation'. (And the Kenyans certainly aren't exempt from that. When you can make a fortune in terms of a poor country. Interesting to hear Cheruiyot not qualifying at home due to a hamstring issue recently but headed to Europe and made a remarkable recovery then selected!}

I wonder whether Stewie's incredible high pace over great distance would have made him more potent in the 5000?

If you're a stats man Leon, this placing table gives a better illustration of the relative strengths of participating nations in the Tokyo track and field meet. Far more detailed and nuanced assessment than a simple medal tally. Particularly when we are talking a sport that had 180 countries represented.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Olympic factory. Yuck if true.

Yes, the Chinese, institutionalised sports factories have been pretty common knowledge for quite some time.

Remember the 1990s where Chinese women swimmers and distance runners burst onto the scene from nowhere? That came through these systems, aided with a whole heap of dru……uhemm….sorry, what I meant to say was, traditional Chinese herbal supplements.

I have seen a few articles where people chewed up and spat out by that system were interviewed. Now young adults, unemployable, with broken bodies/chronic health problems, with the majority of their life still to live. Abandoned by the state and destined to live that life sleeping in train stations and begging in the street.

The CCP don’t tell you the countless thousands they simply chew through and break on the way to finding that one in a million who is capable of competing at Olympic level.

And the grotesque lengths they will go to, such as giving female gymnasts puberty blockers, to delay (or even prevent) them developing a mature womanly body. Who knows the later side effects of this.

Don’t doubt for a moment that they aren’t watching intently how the transgender issue plays out. If they are willing to give puberty blockers to pre-pubescent girls, it is not a stretch to suggest they would deliberately identify talented adolescent boys, or young adult men who won’t quite cut it at the absolute top end of male sports. So chemically transition them (perhaps coercively) just enough to female, to scrape inside the arbitrary standards being made up on the fly by sports administrators.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yes, the Chinese, institutionalised sports factories have been pretty common knowledge for quite some time.

Remember the 1990s where Chinese women swimmers and distance runners burst onto the scene from nowhere? That came through these systems, aided with a whole heap of dru……uhemm….sorry, what I meant to say was, traditional Chinese herbal supplements.

I have seen a few articles where people chewed up and spat out by that system were interviewed. Now young adults, unemployable, with broken bodies/chronic health problems, with the majority of their life still to live. Abandoned by the state and destined to live that life sleeping in train stations and begging in the street.

The CCP don’t tell you the countless thousands they simply chew through and break on the way to finding that one in a million who is capable of competing at Olympic level.

And the grotesque lengths they will go to, such as giving female gymnasts puberty blockers, to delay (or even prevent) them developing a mature womanly body. Who knows the later side effects of this.

Don’t doubt for a moment that they aren’t watching intently how the transgender issue plays out. If they are willing to give puberty blockers to pre-pubescent girls, it is not a stretch to suggest they would deliberately identify talented adolescent boys, or young adult men who won’t quite cut it at the absolute top end of male sports. So chemically transition them (perhaps coercively) enough to female, to meet the arbitrary standards being made up on the fly by sports administrators.
Yeah, they’ve just picked up the USSR’s playbook and expanded on it.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, they’ve just picked up the USSR’s playbook and expanded on it.
Heard an anecdotal story about some of the ex-Soviet bloc pole vaulters that came to Australia in the late 1990s, some of whom competed for Australia.

In their initial appointments and introductions some asked questions along the lines of, “Where’s my drugs?” And a near feeling of disbelief that drugs aren’t systematically dispensed in the Australian sports fraternity.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Heard an anecdotal story about some of the ex-Soviet bloc pole vaulters that came to Australia in the late 1990s, some of whom competed for Australia.

In their initial appointments and introductions some asked questions along the lines of, “Where’s my drugs?” And a near feeling of disbelief that drugs aren’t systematically dispensed in the Australian sports fraternity.
Those would be Parnov’s crew? One of whom was Dmitri Markov. Parnov’s daughter actually vaulted for Australia in Tokyo.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Those would be Parnov’s crew? One of whom was Dmitri Markov. Parnov’s daughter actually vaulted for Australia in Tokyo.
Yes, would have been part of that crew. No suggestion it was Parnov himself. In fact I get the feeling he may have been one of the coaches/officials who had to say to them...."Yeah, that's not really how things are done here."

Another very famous ex-athlete from the 1980s was employed in that similar era as Parnov was, as a distance running coach at the AIS. Didn't last long. The inference I heard is that he was suggesting things to athletes that weren't within the rules of the sport. Plus I think just a general clash between his overall philosophy and the athletes.